What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: White hot tubs  (Read 7256 times)

jkukla

White hot tubs
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:12:04 am »
Hi,

Does anyone know from experience, are white hot tubs harder to keep looking clean?

Hot Tub Forum

White hot tubs
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:12:04 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: White hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:27:50 am »
I've had two light colored tubs (white and sterling marble) and have not had a problem keeping them clean.  Personally, I like the light color since I feel that I get a clear picture of my water all the time.  I haven't owned a dark tub, but I would think it might be harder to see early problems developing.  For example, if I have any waterline problems, it shows up right away.  Just my own personal thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:22:14 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:41:29 am »
I have a sterling marble (white marbled) tub and it is a great color. No problems what so ever.

Doesn't show water marks, jusk gunk whenever I get foam

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:19:42 pm »
Hot Spring built itself into one of the top hot tub companies on the back of a plain white shell with tile.  If it looked bad or was hard to keep clean, I think they'd have abandoned it long ago.  You don't see much of their old white shells any longer because they finally realized the other colors will sell easier than the old Endurol.  It was easier to not have to explain why the white Endurol was a better product.  Which, in my opinion, still is a better product.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 03:29:39 pm »
We almost never run a dark tub as a wet model.

It seems much easier to see the waterline on a dark spa (waterline is usually a light color).  Scratches are also more visible (making it look "worn" earlier).

Light color spas also show off any lighting features much better.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:46:27 pm »
i too have the white sterling shell and I get an occasional gunk mark, but it wipes off very easy with a mr clean magic eraser.

I also had a tub that had a  light colored granite slightly textured shell , that never showed any line, and I had a pink shell too. (yea, that's right....pink. you wanna make something out of it?) That never I had a problem with either. I think the lighter colors don't show the gunk as bad as a dark shell.

So to answer your question' No. White tubs are not harder to keep clean, and many people claim they are easier to keep clean.  :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 03:51:00 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

loosenupspas

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »
Coleman has a new acrylic, Gypsum, bright white with a slight texture.....extremely pretty......go and have a look at it.  Its texture makes it very easy to maintain.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:59:37 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know from experience, are white hot tubs harder to keep looking clean?

I would say technically, yes they are harder to keep cleasn BUT not to the degree that you should worry and let this affect your decision IMO. Get whatever color you want (and most premium spa makers carry similar colors).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 05:00:29 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55:09 pm »
Keep in mind that these shells are not porous. This is not a pair of pants we are talking about. I have a white spa in my backyard - over 11 years old and looks like new inside.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Buckeye Gal

• Proud Cameo Owner
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:57:27 am »
I have a Platinum shell in my Cameo and it is very easy to keep clean . . We previously had a darker shell that showed everything!!!!  :)

TubsAndCues

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 06:12:56 pm »
I think they are all about the same, but only if you take care of your water!  

I find the white/sterling/pearl tubs show dirt faster if it is going to stick to the water line.  The bonus to that is you see it and clean it right away, and you don't have to work as hard to clean it later.

I own a sand colored tub, and it shows almost nothing, but then again I keep my water as close to perfect as I can.  I have a big advantage, though, being a dealer.  I can perform a full test 5 days a week if I want to bring in a sample to work with me every day.

As far as the color is concerned for my customers, I think the bigger decision should be placed on the exterior color than the interior.  You only see the interior when your in it, but you see the exterior the other 98% of the time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 06:12:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42