What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Perfect Spa?  (Read 6994 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
The Perfect Spa?
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:40:53 am »
I wanted to start a new thread with this idea.
If you could order the perfect spa it would have what?
I'm not looking for brands.
Let's say a perfect spa would have deep seats with neck jets. A cool light show with relaxing waterfalls. An incredible sound system with XM. A volcano floor jet. Easy access in and out of the tub for us guys with bad knees. A cover that comes off with a touch of a button. You get the idea. Sit back and imagine the perfect Spa.....

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

The Perfect Spa?
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:40:53 am »

Shanezam203

Re: The Perfect Spa?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:26:02 am »
I've only had my tub for 2 weeks and I already have been thinking of this...

It'd be nice to have the jet controls ( + - light, jet #1 and jet # 2) on both side so you won't have to travel to the other side of the tub to make an adjustment to the jets...  
Or a wired remote that detached, and floated in the tub, so you could turn jets on or off from your seat.  

Handles on the inside of the cover lid to help closing it with one person.  Now I close it half way from in the tub, but it'd be nice to close it half way, then have a handle on the inside of the cover to close while you get out...  

I don't have an ipod or cd player on mine, but it'd be nice to have that, + xm.  I have xm on my car and love it.  

Different Jet cycles would be nice.  I know there are buttons to add air and it's a different massage, but more than just 1 and 2 jet cycles.  

I have found a way on my j345 to turn the waterfall ON and the jets off by diverting the flow...  But it'd be nice for a waterfall on, off button but not a huge deal.  

Cup holders are not on my 345, but I have a swivvle trey that is mounted to the side and works well.  But next tub having deep cup holders would be nice.  

With all that said, I still love my Jacuzzi.  

Cyn

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:13 am »
I am with Shane...I think that having the waterfall on without anything else on, except the lights, would be great, especially when entertaining.  We have times when the tub isn't going to be used while we are entertaining on our patio, both day and night it would be nice to have the sound and of the waterfall and the focus on it without the jets running.  And I would enjoy having the sound of the gentle flow of the water fall when I am done with the jets and just soaking to relax.  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:18:33 pm »
Set pump one on low speed and close all the jets. You could probably even keep the back left corner seat's calf jets open so there is still some flow without any noticable breaks in the surface water.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:20:50 pm by WHY_NOT »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:47:59 pm »
Do speakers work OK when the jets are on or do you need a transducer like one manufacturer promotes. I'm thinking some mellow jazz while the jets work my stiff neck. Not owning a tub yet I always notice the waterfall, lights and stereo on the dry run. On the wet test it is all about the comfort of the seat and the flow of the jets. Another question does a perfect tub have a flat screen TV that pops up or is that a distraction to the spa experience?

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Shanezam203

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 12:55:58 pm »
Set pump one on low speed and close all the jets. You could probably even keep the back left corner seat's calf jets open so there is still some flow without any noticable breaks in the surface water.
Chad's right, that turns the waterfall ON and the jets "off".

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »
I am with Shane...I think that having the waterfall on without anything else on, except the lights, would be great, especially when entertaining.  We have times when the tub isn't going to be used while we are entertaining on our patio, both day and night it would be nice to have the sound and of the waterfall and the focus on it without the jets running.  And I would enjoy having the sound of the gentle flow of the water fall when I am done with the jets and just soaking to relax.  

You are not the first to mention this, we have customers all the time who reference (waterfall and lights while entertaining) and I always wonder why not just put a water feature like fountain or something in your yard if thats what you want. I mean it would be so much better than having your spa open and just heating the air and its something that you could enjoy all day along. I mean you can get something nice for 100 bucks or so. For me it just makes a whole lot more sense.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 01:35:44 pm »

You are not the first to mention this, we have customers all the time who reference (waterfall and lights while entertaining) and I always wonder why not just put a water feature like fountain or something in your yard if thats what you want. I mean it would be so much better than having your spa open and just heating the air and its something that you could enjoy all day along. I mean you can get something nice for 100 bucks or so. For me it just makes a whole lot more sense.

Get a pile of rocks and put the water hose on top of the rocks and turn it on. Go get the old Christmas spot light that has the color wheel in front of it and shine it on the wet rocks. For under a $100 you have what you need.

Next get a large cattle watering tub and put another hose in it running full force in a whirlpool motion. Get a beer and sit in the tub and watch your colored waterfall. Oh wait we still need tunes. So get the old tube AM radio and plug it in and turn it to a country station. Now we have the perfect red-neck spa and all for under $300.

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:21:19 pm »

Get a pile of rocks and put the water hose on top of the rocks and turn it on. Go get the old Christmas spot light that has the color wheel in front of it and shine it on the wet rocks. For under a $100 you have what you need.

Next get a large cattle watering tub and put another hose in it running full force in a whirlpool motion. Get a beer and sit in the tub and watch your colored waterfall. Oh wait we still need tunes. So get the old tube AM radio and plug it in and turn it to a country station. Now we have the perfect red-neck spa and all for under $300.

A good option if you want a redneck hot tub, it sounds like a blue print for the perfect setting.... ;)....what I was saying is don't use your spa as a water feature for your yard. The sound of running water is very soothing and if you want that than get a nice water feature that is separate from your spa.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:36:36 pm »
I like my spa with the cover open and the lights changing when I entertain, so I agree, just having the waterfall is a nice feature.

I started a thread like this once, called What do you Love? What would you change? and got some interesting responses.

My ULTIMATE spa would have maintenance-free water. Though I love my neck jets on mine, I would love the option of putting the neck jets on even higher with foot/calf jets on full blast, but no back jets. An electric cover lift with a nice scene on the underside would be great too. I guess if I were doing my DREAM spa, I would add a waterproof computer and TV and stereo that was fully warranteed. I'd never get out. (Oh, well, I guess I'd have to add some sort of bathroom....I can't just aim over the side, I'm a girl)
Ivie

Cyn

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 07:25:58 pm »

Not asking for all day long, just a few hours or when I am in the tub for a few minutes, basically, soaking in quiet with only the water fall noise.  We tried the fountain thing a few years ago and unless you have a sizable fountain, the water evaporates pretty quickly in this neck of the woods and you burn out your motor or you spend a lot of time trying to remember to fill it up.  I am not sure the amount of time I would want to use this feature without my actually being in the tub and using it, would be a huge waste of money.  And being in the tub is using the tub  ;)

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »
Do speakers work OK when the jets are on or do you need a transducer like one manufacturer promotes. Scott  :-?

I have a lot of customers who use their own yard/deck/patio stereos while in their spas.

Bose seems pretty popular with them.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 10:42:15 am »
I'm not much of a party tub guy, so I'd just like to see a deeper version of a three-seater spa.  Something like a Jetsetter, but 36 or 38" tall.  With calf jets.  And a captain's chair in one corner.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:17:20 am »

A good option if you want a redneck hot tub, it sounds like a blue print for the perfect setting.... ;)....what I was saying is don't use your spa as a water feature for your yard. The sound of running water is very soothing and if you want that than get a nice water feature that is separate from your spa.

I know but for some reason the thought of a red neck waterfall came to mind....

You are right a waterfall would be the way to go.

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 01:06:54 am »
The Perfect spa is right here:

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 01:06:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42