What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring changing the rules again!  (Read 27906 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Hotspring changing the rules again!
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »
So all of you Hotspring guys that have adamantly sold against metal frames and TP insulation...How are you going to handle the new spa HS is building with Metal and partial foam?

Half of the things HS is selling now are things they sold against in the past...What are they doing?

I also watched a Thermospa commercial today and laughed out loud when they claimed that full foam caused more rodent and bug issues!!!!?????

I don't want to start a battle over FF vs. TP but 90% of all our spas in the last 4 years with rodent, bee or even heat damage where not full foam.

In the summer we ask customers with TP spas (we sold)to spray bug spray in them before we come out because we've run into so many spiders and hornets in that vacant cabinet. We even keep spray in the vans now.

WAIT! What’s that noise….Did you hear that? It sounded like a can of worms ripping open!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) 8-)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:12:37 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring changing the rules again!
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hotspring changing the rules again!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
intersting...do you have any more info or links?

"Partial Foam"  as in employing an Thermal pane design, (using pump heat to maintain a jacket of heat air arond the tub),  or are they removing foam for other reasons? (cost, access, or something else ?)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:27:12 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:09:50 pm »
HotSpring Spas are still HotSpring Spas.....however......

WATKINS may or may not be offering a new line of spas with metal frames, lesser insulation, lots of jets, lots of lights, and stereos at a reasonable price point like most other spa companies do on their premium lines.  I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

If so, I would imagine it is simply an effort to capture even more market share.  I hope it's true and they call them "Monkey SeaMonkey Doo Spas".

Terminator
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:13:35 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:22:18 pm »
HotSpring Spas are not changing.  

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:58:07 pm »
oh....but they wil change.  It is all to logical!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:10:39 pm »
Time will tell.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 06:58:10 pm »
Oh Stuart my friend they will do just fine, while we speak they are brewing the formula of Cool Aid. Sales training is the name of the game and Hot Spring plays it better than anyone.  ;)

BTW don't ever leave Starbucks again without first getting my Macchiato.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:59:38 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:00:47 am »
If you want to know the truth about HS, there is only one place to go on the web to get it-  our friend in Colorado.  ;)
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 01:38:39 pm »
There's lot's of manufacturers that offer a "lesser" line and sometimes that line needs to have mods done to it to get into a certain pricepoint.

That said, it's always a challenge not to get caught over selling the main line when someone is more interested in this cheaper spa and then trying to tell them how wonderful it is...

It would be too bad if they decide to go with anything other than full foam though. Either they believe in it or not. There's other ways to bring down a pricepoint without doing that.
I don't forsee Arctic building a full foam spa and that would sound just as odd as HS going that route...

I guess it's all speculation right now.

Spiderman

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 05:48:50 pm »
I haven't heard anything about HotSpring building a new spa  :-?   I have heard however that Watkins Manufacturing is considering a new line of metal frame TP spa    ;D      Whatever happens, I have confidence that Watkins knows what they're doing.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 09:48:22 pm »
Geeeez,
    Maybe you big-shot HS dealers got a different tour than I did. All I saw was old Classic molds. I need another lime for my Captain's and Coke. ;)
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 10:15:29 pm »
I haven't heard anything about HotSpring building a new spa  :-?   I have heard however that Watkins Manufacturing is considering a new line of metal frame TP spa    ;D      Whatever happens, I have confidence that Watkins knows what they're doing.

If you are at liberty to say. Would this be the same line that has already been mentioned here that is a go for production. Spas with more jets, lights for less dollars. Interesting if it is because it has always been argued by many that it cost more more money to produce a wood frame-full foam spa than a TP and metal frame. Master apologists among others have argued this point.

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 11:16:41 pm »
Geeeez,
    Maybe you big-shot HS dealers got a different tour than I did. All I saw was old Classic molds. I need another lime for my Captain's and Coke. ;)

I have a lime for you, but it is still a little light, so it may not be ripe yet.  Maybe in the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:02:40 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 01:55:17 am »
Careful.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:06 am »
This is all very interesting. You will have to let us know when this all comes too so we can see what the Watkins TP spa looks like. I guess it make sense that if they get a customer that is sold on a TP spa, they can now offer them something from Watkins. When are these expected to be available.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42