What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermo Spas  (Read 4880 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Thermo Spas
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »
I was surprised to see a Thermo Spa advertisment on a major Philadelphia TV station during prime time last night...I wonder if that is an indication that they need to reach a wider audience than the infomercial people..
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Thermo Spas
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Thermo Spas
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:53:10 pm »
They run them here in my area regularly. Did they run the commercial where the spa they show is a larger model with many jets while mentioning they their spas can be plugged into  a 110 outlet. I doubt what is shown in the commercial is a 110 model but it is creative.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 02:46:43 pm »
I remember seeing a commercial as well, I think it was on CNBC.

I didn't pay much attention to it but I remember thinking about them going mainstream with their commercials. And apparently thay have done something fantastic to become more energy efficient.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 04:26:44 pm »
I remember seeing a commercial as well, I think it was on CNBC.

I didn't pay much attention to it but I remember thinking about them going mainstream with their commercials. And apparently thay have done something fantastic to become more energy efficient.

lol...yeah they claim to be the most energy efficient tub around. But they claim when they're at your house that this is a 14,000 tub that can have only for tonight for 10,000 is a real savings until of course you walk them to the door and it becomes an 8000.00 deal.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:09:48 pm »
Looks like (based on the website), they have a series of different commercials. The one I saw was about a hybrid spa..not sure what that was supposed to mean. Is it a combo of a therapy spa and a swim spa, or something to do with energy conservation.

My dealer was telling me about a sale he was trying to make and the competing spa was a Thermo spa. I can not imagine someone buying something that they can't touch or wet test..that they can only look at in pictures or on line.  And I can't believe the tough sell that this customer was...I do feel sorry for him if he does buy the Thermo Spa, and needs service. My dealer said he would rather have his tech polish his tools all day than service one of their spas!! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 06:31:05 pm »
Thermospas was the one that made me really want a spa. I saw it on a DIY show and the people built a deck and put a Thermo on it. It looked so inviting - sequencer lounger and waterfall neck pillows. I "knew" I wanted a Thermo.

Then I came across Doc's and this site and learned about spas and also Thermo's "quality".

Funny thing is I wound up without those features and no lounger because of I wanted my family to fit comfortably in the tub. If I ever do get another tub, if and when I move from here, I may get a smaller tub with possibly a lounger in it.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:22:38 pm »
Same with me! It was their commercials that sold me on getting a spa. Then went to this forum and another and found out the "real deal", and ended up shopping around. I'm glad I did!!!
Ivie

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 09:28:59 pm »
They've sold to every uneducated consumer in this area of their home, so they need to spread out to find more...and they will.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 10:07:25 am »
I almost ran off the road the other day when I saw a van with the Thermo logo on it. First one Ive ever seen. From what I've heard the sales rep for the area also handles small repairs.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:25:26 am »
Same with me! It was their commercials that sold me on getting a spa. Then went to this forum and another and found out the "real deal", and ended up shopping around. I'm glad I did!!!

Same with me.  A couple friends have hot tubs, which made me want one.  However, seeing the Thermospas infomercials and their website put me over the top when we decided to redo our deck.  Also glad I found this site before purchasing!

anne

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 12:42:40 pm »
Funny- I saw a commercial for them here on major network TV for the first time too! Just a few weeks ago! Had never seen any advertisements before that, even though I knew they existed.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 12:42:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42