What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Advise on buying a new tub  (Read 4165 times)

Ben

Need Advise on buying a new tub
« on: March 02, 2008, 04:04:50 pm »
I have a Jucuzzi that has lasted me for 17 years.  I have used it at least once if not twice a day.  Now it has just too many problems so I am shopping for a new tub.  The market has changed a lot in 17 years and I am alittle lost with all the new gadgets offered.  I want to use a dealer in my town so my selection is limited.  My former Jucuzzi dealer now sells Vita tubs- anyone have thoughts about them?  There is a Jucuzzi dealer in town, but my past history with the company is that they are difficult to work with and parts are very pricey.  Another option is Master spas- which I can't find much information on.  Last is Hotsprings.  Anyone that has information to share, I would appreciate the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Need Advise on buying a new tub
« on: March 02, 2008, 04:04:50 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Need Advise on buying a new tub
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:08:08 pm »
Of your choices I would say check out in this order:

Hot Spring
Jacuzzi

If the dealers are good, you should be done.  Find the spa that works for you, get your best deal and enjoy a 21st century hot tub.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:15:39 pm »
I have a Jucuzzi that has lasted me for 17 years.  I have used it at least once if not twice a day.  Now it has just too many problems so I am shopping for a new tub.  The market has changed a lot in 17 years and I am alittle lost with all the new gadgets offered.  I want to use a dealer in my town so my selection is limited.  My former Jucuzzi dealer now sells Vita tubs- anyone have thoughts about them?  There is a Jucuzzi dealer in town, but my past history with the company is that they are difficult to work with and parts are very pricey.  Another option is Master spas- which I can't find much information on.  Last is Hotsprings.  Anyone that has information to share, I would appreciate the help.

There is plenty of talk about Master on this site so just do a little searching. I think you'll find Jacuzzi and Hot Spring have good reputations and you should find many owners and dealers here to answer any questions about them. Vita is less discussed so search under their name as well and see if there is anyone here to lend some experiences.

There are many keys to choosing a spa beside the obvious one of what kind of deal you can get. Wet test your choices to see what fits/feels best and get to know the dealer (how long in business/with that brand, do they service their own, etc.) because the quality of the dealer and manufacturer are key components to getting a spa that will last another 17 years along with how willing they are to stand behind their brand up to and maybe even beyond what their warranty obligates them to.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:16:16 pm »
Use your head, generally the guy who's treated you right will continue to treat you right. As you know, not  every seller of a spa can keep you as a customer.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 10:39:20 pm »
Here in Florida, Vita is probably sold the most because they are manufactured here. I've only heard good things. They are not "top tier" though, like Sundance and Hot Springs. Vita does seem to have some good features for warmer weather, I'm not sure where you are located.
Ivie

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:27:47 pm »
I really like Jacuzzi and Hot Springs.  Vita I've heard some okay things on.  Master touches a nerve with a lot of people here, so I'd follow Spatech's advice and do a search here.  If you had a bad experience with your Jacuzzi dealer, go introduce yourself to the HS dealer.  They make great tubs as well!
Mike

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:16:25 am »
Of your choices I would say check out in this order:

Hot Spring
Jacuzzi

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:16:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42