What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacing Hot Tub  (Read 7111 times)

Tdbo

• 2007 Sundance Hartford 1994 Vita Spa Ambiance
Replacing Hot Tub
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:53:24 am »
Unfortunately, my 14 year old Vita Spa just died.  We are in the process of looking.  I like a couple of Jacuzzi's that my wife doesn't.  A couple of the more well known dealers in our area handle Four Winds and a make called QCA.  She has found one model of each she likes.  I'm not familiar with either of these makes and am hesitant about them.  Does anyone have any knowledge and or experience with them?

Hot Tub Forum

Replacing Hot Tub
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:53:24 am »

Spiderman

Re: Replacing Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:42:28 am »
Never heard of them.  I'm curious though, are you saying the only spa dealers in your area are Jacuzzi, Four Winds and QCA??   You can try using the search function here, but I'm guessing you won't find much info.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:49:35 am »
Here is Four Winds "Profile" page    :-/

Four Winds Spas, a leading manufacturer of high-quality hot tubs located just south of Nashville, features a wide variety of options and price ranges to fit every consumer's needs.

Four Winds Spas constructs an array of innovative models, with jet counts ranging from 21 to 90. The company has focused its attention on the importance of hydrotherapy, strategically placing these jets exactly where consumers say they want them. By designing value-added models with loungers or full-body seats, Four Winds Spas hot tubs also ensure comfort for every stature. For those families with small children, the company offers a model with a child seat.

"Because of our commitment to quality and craftsmanship, we only partner with the leaders in the spa manufacturing industry, which enables us to build one of the most reliable spas on the market," said Kevin Sparks, the owner of Four Winds Spas, based in Smyrna, Tennessee. "At the same time, we continue our endeavor to provide only the most aesthetically pleasing designs in the industry by constantly updating our choices of color and options."

These options include stereo systems, LED surround lighting, stainless steel jets and vanishing waterfalls. Spa models range from the Pinto, which seats two or three comfortably and has a 180-gallon water capacity, to the 500-gallon fluid capacity Clydesdale III.

Incorporating seven place settings, including six therapy positions, the Clydesdale III also features 90 air and water jets, 3 master massagers, as well as a four-function water feature with vanishing edge waterfall and two pop-up fountains. Consumers have the option of adding a four-speaker CD stereo with optional subwoofer, LED lighting and stainless steel jets to this top-of-the-line model. Thermo-pane insulated cabinets and maintenance-free skirts are built into every quality Four Winds Spas product.

Seems like any other fly by night hot tub company.  I couldn't find how long they've been in business or much detail about their product.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Tdbo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 11:33:58 am »
Never heard of them.  I'm curious though, are you saying the only spa dealers in your area are Jacuzzi, Four Winds and QCA??   You can try using the search function here, but I'm guessing you won't find much info.  

No, I'm not saying they are the only spa dealers in my area.  We have looked at one dealer who handles Cal Spas and Hot Springs and based on their selection found nothing we liked.  If I can't see, touch, or soak in person. I don't buy.  Went to another dealer who handles Jacuzzi and Sundance.  I found a couple of Jacuzzi's I like and my wife didn't.  Went to dealers # 3 and 4, and there is where the Four Winds and QCA spas come in.  Found some common ground there with the Mrs. although as I said, I am wary.. Of the two, I would probably be the most comfortable with the Four Winds, based solely on the longevity and reputation of the dealer locally (32 years).
We are looking at Artesian and LA today.  Have no arctic, D1,or Marquis dealers in the area.  On this tub I would prefer to deal locally.  To get what I wanted the last time for what I wanted to pay, I purchased in Tinley Park Il. and transported to Ohio myself. Just would like to minimize the adventure and drama this time. Have read the literature and I'm not sold.  Just wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge or experience with these two makes.  If not, I guess adventure and drama, here I come.  On the road again.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 02:00:37 pm »
Hey TDBO...welcome to the board.
Just curious....What did your wife not like about the Jacuzzi??  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:01:38 pm by rnblase »

Tdbo

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:28:03 pm »
Hey TDBO...welcome to the board.
Just curious....What did your wife not like about the Jacuzzi??  

To get the seating layout that she likes, we would have to go with the J-280 , which dimensionally larger than the J-230.  That poses a problem because of space considerations.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 09:35:48 pm »
What brought you from Tinley (next town over from me) to Ohio?
Mike

Tdbo

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 09:44:55 pm »
New Question.  Went looking and ruled out the QCA and the Four Winds spas.  Found a Artesian Captiva that we like.  Can purchase with the cover, cover lifter, steps, ozonator, delivery for $5800 w/o tax.  They will also throw in the dyna bright lighting  for this price.  Second Option: the local Sundance dealer has a new floor model Sunrise Odyssey spa (one left) that he wants to move.  Negotiated without trying from $5495 to $4995 .  I am familiar w/ the Artesian brand--is this a good price?  I am not familiar with the sunrise other than it is canadian built with a steel frame.  Dealer has an excellent reputation in the area.  Anyone have any info on the sunrise and is this a good price?  Thanks.  

Tdbo

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:49:54 pm »
What brought you from Tinley (next town over from me) to Ohio?

Actually, I live in Ohio.  Have family in the area and while on vacation there, sister and Brother-in-Law took me over to where they bought their spa to look.  Ended up buying there and saved $1100 in the process.  Experience turned out well--not sure that would be my first choice again though.  

Ben

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 04:51:04 pm »
Did you like the Vita?  Why aren't you getting another?

Tdbo

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 05:18:35 pm »
Love the vita.  No local dealer.  Only local dealer listed on Vita's website no longer handles them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 05:18:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42