What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Small brown dots  (Read 35955 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Small brown dots
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »
Ok, so I took the panel off and inspected everything I could. Everything seemed fine to me but that's not saying much.
I'm confident enough to say that whatever this is, is coming out of the ozone port. Now whether or not it's the ozonator itself, I don't know. I'm placing a call to my dealer to send a tech out. I'm tired of this and I need a professional to see it in person.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:09:16 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »

IlliniFan

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008, 07:28:23 pm »
Chad, it must be  in the atmosphere!  I noticed a few back as well.  I do NOT have ozone, so that is not a possibility for me.  And maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems to me that when I look at my jets from certain angles, there is a brown cast to them.  But if I look straight down, I don't see brown.  Scrubbing makes no difference.  I did not use metal gon with my first (only) fill.  The only thing I can put a finger on is my bromine was down for a couple of days when dispenser was empty.  It is fine now and shocked with MPS.  I will be inspecting for sure now looking for more.  Is this a Jacuzzi issue?

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 10:19:56 pm »
On one of my posts, I got an e-mail from a rep from Caldera, telling me they have a hotline for any water care issues. That would be my first call....to Jacuzzi. Maybe it is something they have seen before and solved. Who knows? Maybe Nat2 reacts with their acrylic or oxone strangely and you need to switch to frog or something. OK, so I haven't a clue what the heck I'm talking about, but I would try Jacuzzi.......it can't only be happening to you. :-X
Ivie

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2008, 09:35:06 am »
Chad, it must be  in the atmosphere!  I noticed a few back as well.  I do NOT have ozone, so that is not a possibility for me.  And maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems to me that when I look at my jets from certain angles, there is a brown cast to them.  But if I look straight down, I don't see brown.  Scrubbing makes no difference.  I did not use metal gon with my first (only) fill.  The only thing I can put a finger on is my bromine was down for a couple of days when dispenser was empty.  It is fine now and shocked with MPS.  I will be inspecting for sure now looking for more.  Is this a Jacuzzi issue?
That's too bad. I feel your pain. I'd love to see some pictures of yours for comparison.

It's suppose to get into the 40s today, so I'm thinking about doing a refill. My water turns 3 months old today. This would be the shortest fill I've ever dumped but I think it's the best way to rule out some things. I'm gonna rub all the spots off, shock with an extremely high dose of dichlor, dump, clean shell by hand with highly chlorinated water, chemically clean filters, disconnect ozonator, fill tub, add a bottle of Metal Gon, and not installing a Nature2. If I do all this and the spots return, it has to be the heater or some other component on the spa. In which my dealer will have to come out and diagnose.

Cyn

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2008, 11:51:05 am »
So what happened Chad?  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2008, 01:00:14 pm »
So what happened Chad?  
Cyn, take a look at my new thread. I think I may have found the problem.

IlliniFan

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2008, 11:05:21 pm »
Chad,
A new development for me.  When I put bromine in my cartridge inside the filter, I found brown flakes.  So I will be calling dealer tomorrow.  Metal?

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2008, 11:18:01 pm »
Chad,
A new development for me.  When I put bromine in my cartridge inside the filter, I found brown flakes.  So I will be calling dealer tomorrow.  Metal?

Huh?  You are not suppose to use N2 with Bromine.  Here's the Quote from the Nature2 mfg..."Important
The Nature2 Spa Purifier is not to be used with products containing bromine, sodium bromide or biguanides. If these products are being used, be sure to drain and refill spa with fresh water."
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:39 am »
Chad,
What's the word?

IlliniFan

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »
Chad,
Went to dealer today.  He has no idea.  He is going to send pictures to Jacuzzi.  I would be interested in sending some of yours as well.  I am going to attempt to post pictures here.  I drained today and used fast gloss on shell.  There were a ton more spots that I just didnt see with water in tub.  I put metalgon in water with refill.  We will see what happens.  Do these look like your spots?
Cathy

IlliniFan

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2008, 08:46:27 pm »
one more picture.
  Can you see that there is a brownish cast to the jet?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2008, 09:07:45 pm »
Pictures 1 and 2 in your first post look very similar to what I had. You're more than welcome to send them my pics.

Out of curiosity, were your spots more abundant in any specific areas?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:09:31 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2008, 09:11:17 pm »
one more picture.
  Can you see that there is a brownish cast to the jet?

Sorry, but I can't tell from that picture

Tonyf

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008, 09:59:12 pm »
Chad:

I couldn't locate your other thread. Did you ever find out what casued the brown dots??

Tony

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:27 pm »
Chad:

I couldn't locate your other thread. Did you ever find out what casued the brown dots??

Tony
I had my water tested for minerals/metals and it had moderately high levels of both iron and copper. When water is aerated by the air blower or air injectors and has a significant level of iron present, some type of oxidation occurs that releases the iron from within the water leaving deposits on the spa surface. I'm assuming this was my problem as ever since I refilled and used Metal Gon, I haven't had any spots.

My first two fills I uesd Metal Gon - no spots
My next two fills I didn't use Metal Gon - spots
This fill I used Metal Gon - no spots

I guess that's what they mean by "putting 2 and 2 together"  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42