What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Sundance Cameo  (Read 3000 times)

Brothersean

New Sundance Cameo
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:18 pm »
Hi everybody, first I would like say thanks for all of the great, useful information I have picked up here.

Well, we did it! After exhaustive research, lots of dry and wet tests of many different brands and models, My wife and I pulled the trigger on an 08 Sundance Cameo. Terra Stone cabinetry with "Oyster" interior.  We can't wait!!

We decided on the Cameo because we loved the hydrotherapy, build quality, beautiful fit and finish, seating arrangement, and little things like two built in handles, cool down seat, killer stereo, bla..bla..bla.

We are VERY comfortable with the dealer as well even though he has only been selling Spas for a year or so. He is about five miles away and has been in business selling landscaping materials , wood, pellet and gas stoves, patio heaters, ect. for seven years. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He also regularly  attends technical seminars from Sundance. (He also likes my homebrew) ;D

The spa arrived at the dealer last week but since  we live in Ct. and have about of five inches of snow on the ground still it is fine with him if we wait for it to melt before he delivers it.

For start up chemicals he included : (Leasure Time)  Spa 56, Alkalinity Increaser, Spa Down, Spa Up, Metal Gon, Sun Purity mineral spa sanitizer, an Eco One pre filter and Aquacheck test strips.

NOW to the point.  We had our water (shallow well) tested yesterday for free by a company called Greco & Haines that sells pumps, filters, tanks and that kind of stuff.  They came up with some extreme values I believe.

Hardness:(3 GPG), Iron (.5 ppm), Manganese (0 ppm), Sulpher (0 ppm), Acidity (6.0 ph), TDS (38 ppm).

Can anybody offer start up advise considering these numbers?

Thanks.............Sean

Hot Tub Forum

New Sundance Cameo
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:18 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: New Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:23:32 am »
Here are some "layman" recommendations from a fellow well-water user:
- Use a pre-filter on the end of your hose when you fill your tub.
- Wait until the water is in your tub before you test it.  When I fill, the readings for the water in the tub can be very different from the readings out of the tap.  I think when your taking that much water from a well, the composition of the water may change during the fill.
Effect of Water Softener:
- Your water treatment may be different if you use softened water.  You may need to add calcium to your tub water.
- Some people recommend a combination of softened and unsoftened water on a fill.  (My water is so much better after it has been treated that I use all softened, then increase the calcium in the tub.

I'm sure others who know more than me will chime in with specific comments on your readings
Enjoy that tub!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:19:30 am »
There are alot more qualified people on this forum than me to give you chemical advice.  So I'll just say, congrats on the new tub.  Although I am a little jealous.  I bought an '07 Cameo in June and the Terra Stone was not a cabinet option.  You definitely must post pics once you have it up and running.

Have your dealer throw in a complimentary drink holder, which fits on top of the filter compartment lid.  Only drawback that I found to the Cameo, is that here's no good place to set your drinks down while soaking.  Even the drink holder is inconvenient as it cannot be reached from all seats, but it's better than nothing.  To combat the problem, I built a couple tables out of extra Trex from my deck.  A lot cheaper than Sundance wanted for its table accessory.

You're gonna love it!  Good luck!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:04:01 am »
Hey Dax

My HS Envoy has very shallow cup holders that are pretty useless, but I found these holders at www.spadepot.com which suction on to the tub.  They fit bottles, cans and certain plastic glasses.  Really cheap too.  $9.95 for 4.  

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Spa-Beverage-Holder-Set-of-4-P650C1.aspx

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:04:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42