What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LOST 300 gallions of water Jacuzzi J-355????  (Read 17788 times)

In Canada eh

Re: LOST 300 gallions of water Jacuzzi J-355????
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43:35 pm »
I have been reading along with this one for a while.  Somehow, I don't think we are getting the whole story (no offence intended johnnythunders) but 300 gallons of water just does not disappear.  In 2 hours johnny said his tub went from full to half gone without leaving any sign of water anywhere.

NOT POSSIBLE

For those of you who said to check inside the equipment area, do you really believe the ABS pan would hold 300 gallons without leaking some of it anywhere.  There should be some sign of water around the base of the tub.

This has to be the result of a practical joke or maybe it was aliens
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43:35 pm »

104 degrees

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 02:48:03 pm »
I have been reading along with this one for a while.  Somehow, I don't think we are getting the whole story (no offence intended johnnythunders) but 300 gallons of water just does not disappear.  without leaking some of it anywhere.  There should be some sign of water around the base of the tub.

Theses are my thoughts on the other forum about this.

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 03:33:32 pm »
In 2 hours johnny said his tub went from full to half gone without leaving any sign of water anywhere

NOT POSSIBLE

CORRECT (unless on a gravel pad w/ no ABS pan)

For those of you who said to check inside the equipment area, do you really believe the ABS pan would hold 300 gallons without leaking some of it anywhere.  There should be some sign of water around the base of the tub.

It would not hold that much.  It might be hard to see - but it would go somewhere (lowest unobstructed point).

:-?  I do have a penchant for UFO tales.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 09:43:02 pm »
Geeeeee only thing that could take 300 or more gallions is a UFO...
For someone to pump that much water out soooo fast,,they would have need a pump and I would have heard it.....
Nope it was a concrete slab...didnot look like a river near my spa when I looked.
And yes the spa was filled when I put the chemicals in.
about 2 hours later 3/4 of the water was gone,water was just a tad above the foot wells.....
No signs of a leak...........
Its been a week since the tech saw no leak,,,and the spa is still full....
And I was not smash at the time,,,,I would know if if put chemicals into a emtry spa.....................Thanks......JT

clover

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 10:47:48 am »
JT, keep in mind the spa STOPPED leaking at the level you found the water at,"just a tad above the foot well".  That is the level where the water came out and went somewhere, because when it got to THAT level the leak stopped, and the spa "fixed itself".  

It could be a "venturri" leak, where water escapes through the air drawing (venturri) lines that are attached to the jets.  The real mystry is what happened to 300 gallons in 2 hours.  Impossible to not show some sign of water at the base.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:07 pm »
Thanks Clover
But when I saw the water was almost gone,I think the spa was running ,but I can be wrong.But I did shut the power off without screwing up the spa more then that was.
I just really don't want to knock my brains anymore thinking where 300 PLUS gallions could have gone without showing a river anywhere near my spa within 2 hours......
Thanks...But I do know I had a full spa when I put the Chemicals in.......JT

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 01:13:36 am »
JT,

I think it is one of those weird things that happen, that we just never figure how or why. And if we get lucky and do it is usually so simple and seems like it would have been easy to see in the first place. The good of it is that I guess you don't really have a problem and that is in the end the best out come anyway.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 08:20:28 pm »
A big girl with a chamios bathing suit snuck in and then left?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 08:20:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42