What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: mildew  (Read 2320 times)

loosenupspas

mildew
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:05 pm »
any suggestions on removing mildew from spas pillows?  what is the cause of mildew on pillows?  any thoughts?  thank for the help....tom

Hot Tub Forum

mildew
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:05 pm »

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: mildew
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:39:59 pm »
Mildew on pillows is like mildew in a bathroom. If you want to get rid of it, spray with a diluted bleach solution (like 1 part bleach to three parts water) and let dry. The mildew should disappear before your eyes.

I think it is curious that you get mildew if there are in the spa and the spa is being sanitized as the sanitized water should not cause mildew to grow. Just like there is no mildew growing on the underside of the cover. But then I don't have pillows so maybe it is something unique about them.

tinybubbles

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:42:56 pm »
I would use chlorinated water.  When I drain and refill I take a bucket of water and add a good dose of dichlor.  I then use that to wash down the spa shell and the pillows.  I rinse everything off with fresh water and let the pillows sit in the sun.  Mildew on the pillows would have the same cause as mildew in your bathroom.  It's damp and hot in a spa with little sunlight.  Maybe you could spash a little water on them each week when you shock the spa to keep it from building up.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:15:01 pm »
3 questions

What are you using to sanitize the spa?

Is the "mildew" above or below the water line.

Most importantly, what makes you believe it is in fact actually mildew?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »
San....brillliance bormine
above the water line on pillows.
It looks like mildew....black speckles

Doctor can you save these pillows?

Please let me know

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42