What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best way to sell my 06 Hot Spring Envoy  (Read 6618 times)

hawkman

Best way to sell my 06 Hot Spring Envoy
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:05:54 am »
Hi all,

I haven't been on here in a while but now I need help. I need to move and the way the housing market is I don't want to leave the hot tub there. I'd rather sell it before hand. It is a 2006 Hot Spring Envoy about 1.5 years old with Spa Audio II. What is the best way to sell these and what price would you suggest? It has the cover lifter with the 2 gas filled shocks, steps, 200v sub panel, and the audio system. I think new it would be around $12500.

Thanks for the help.. it isnt easy selling a 800 lb object.

Hot Tub Forum

Best way to sell my 06 Hot Spring Envoy
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:05:54 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Best way to sell my 06 Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:25:25 am »
Well CraigsList.com is a local selling website and since it's
local the buyer can come look and also pick it up when the
sale happens. No worry about shipping, ect...

CraigsList.com is also FREE.....no cost to buyer or seller.....
so what do you have to lose?

CraigsList ads run free for like 45 days. CraigsList also allows
free pictures in the ad and pretty much unlimited text in the ad.
(the above does not bode well for newspaper classified ads)

http://www.CraigsList.com

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:45:34 am »
Be sure to have it hot and running when you get ready to show it. And have one time when you will show the spa. If four people promise to show up at 9 am on Saturday morning - first of all, you'll be lucky if two show up, maybe one - then so be it. You save time, and there will be no squabbling over the price since two potential buyers will be there face to face.

If you can't decide who gets the tub - a good problem to have - the first one to arrive, or the first one to put the cash in your hand gets it.

Price it wisely - $5995 will get more response than $6K, although I don't know what price to suggest. Half the new price is a good starting point, but I have sold plenty for more than that.

Since the photos are free - don't bother to list it without them. And put in plenty of words about how HotSpring is the leading seller, most popular, biggest, etc. "Best" tends to turn people off, but you decide.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:00:05 pm »
Well CraigsList.com is a local selling website and since it's
local the buyer can come look and also pick it up when the
sale happens. No worry about shipping, ect...

CraigsList.com is also FREE.....no cost to buyer or seller.....
so what do you have to lose?

CraigsList ads run free for like 45 days. CraigsList also allows
free pictures in the ad and pretty much unlimited text in the ad.
(the above does not bode well for newspaper classified ads)

http://www.CraigsList.com

Yes I agree with Zep and use Craigs list. That site and service has blown up recently and people check that place all the time when looking for something used. Just the other day we had an older gazebo that we wanted to get rid of to get a new one. We put in on Craigs list with pictures, and not even one hour later a guy called on it. Came in over his lunch hour and bought it. That made me a believer right there!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hawkman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 01:03:39 pm »
Thanks. I haven't any luck with Craigs List except for crooks trying to get your stuff from Nigeria. I have it listed on there right now but still no luck. Maybe my area is bad for it.

hawkman

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 01:24:17 pm »
Thanks. I haven't any luck with Craigs List except for crooks trying to get your stuff from Nigeria. I have it listed on there right now but still no luck. Maybe my area is bad for it.

It also seems that the local paper classifieds work very well in our area. Usually doesn’t cost too much to run it in the paper for a couple of weeks. Also, if you work for a large company, or know someone that does, usually places like that have a company forum like this, or a bulletin board where people buy or sell used stuff. That also seems to work very well for people. The problem that you might find with your spa is that it is still very new. Some people have a hard time paying that much for a used spa when for a little more they can buy a new one.  Also have you checked with your dealer to see if they would have any interest in buying it? We will do that from time to time. Just my two cents but hope it helps.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:43:21 pm »
Are you on good terms with your local dealer??  If so see if you can strike a deal with them to sell it for you on consignment

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 01:53:09 pm »
I even put it on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300194067687&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Goodluck Hawman, wouldn't it be better for you to move the spa to your new house? I hate to see you lose a ton of money. Did you appoach your dealer for options?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 01:57:09 am »

Funny...A friend of mine wanted to sell some used furniture on Craigs List.  He had a "doctor" promise to send a check.  Then, he got an email from the "doctor" stating his secretary had sent him a check for $7,000 instead of $700.  Would he kindly deposit the check and send him a check $6,000.  He'd let him "Keep the change" for his trouble.

My friend replied threatening to turn the good "doctor" into authorities if he ever saw the check.  Needless to say, he never saw the check.

You have to be careful on Craigs List.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:02 am »

Goodluck Hawman, wouldn't it be better for you to move the spa to your new house? I hate to see you lose a ton of money. Did you appoach your dealer for options?

I agree, can't you take your spa with you?  Why sell it?  Or, if you want to get a new one at the new house, list the spa as an additional item to be negotiated upon contract.  

If you can't take it with you or sell it as an additional deal on the house, try your dealer.  I sold a house that had a spa.  I couldn't make a deal with the house, so my dealer came and picked it up and sold it for me.  Good deal for both of us.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:41 am »
Yep, that was big scam on eBay last year with guitars. Lots of smart people out there trying to screw you.......

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 12:31:36 am »
hawkman, any luck selling the Envoy? Couldn't tell from your ebay add if you got a decent offer.

sunchic10

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »
I was in the same boat a few years ago, had a tub that was a year old and we were moving out of state.  Tried to get the buyer of the house to buy it with the house but they wanted us to just include it which we werent going to do.    They wouldnt so I sold it on Craigslist.   Had the pool store pick it up and deliver it to the buyer ...they had to pay like 400.00 to move it but at least it was under warranty still that way.    The store didnt recommend us taking it with us because we moved from IL to CA and they said it was to far to mess with it.     I'd definitely try to ad it into the price of the home but if not, try Craigslist.   Ive sold about 30K worth of stuff on it in the last 3 years.... big ticket items too.... 2 cars, appliances, furniture etc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42