What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Final warranty call  (Read 6076 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Final warranty call
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »
Well,

It looks like I'll be placing the final warranty call for my Dynasty tub.  Purchased in March of 03, I'm real close to the end of the 5 year no fault non-prorated warranty.For 3 years, I never had to spend a dime for warranty work.  My dealer was 16 miles away and never charged the trip charge.  After my dealer closed, (no fault of Dynasty) I had a warranty issue and Dynasty contracted a service guy from another company here in town. They got the job done, but overcharged me.

Tonight Gina and I were soaking in the tub.  We turned on pump #2 and were each enjoying our favorite seat.  The diverter for pump #2 is between us set in the middle to give us each equal pressure.  Suddenly with only a fraction of a second of warning, something cut loose in the diverter and sent jets of hot water into Gina's face.  I only got a couple of little streams, but she got hit with a firehose of hot water right into her face and hair.  We can run on pump 1, and with no jets.  Looks like Monday, I'll be calling Dynasty for what I would guess is probably the last time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:31:17 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Final warranty call
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »

D.P. Roberts

Re: Final warranty call
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:18 pm »
Wow! But I suppose it's better now than the month after the warranty runs out.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:05:56 am »
That's quite a unique way for your tub to remind you that the warranty is about to expire!
Hope your wife is OK.  Wow.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 12:05:07 pm »
Hopefully they'll be able to get it taken care of during the short warm spell next week. I haven't been able to use mine for two weeks (my problem, not the tubs). Don't realize how much you miss it till you can't use it!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38:49 pm »
It will take a while, the problem, of not having (for now) a local dealer.  I'll call Dynasty Monday, and they will probably have to ship parts then the local dealer they hire, will call me.   I tried to stop in at that LA Spa store in Gahanna today, but they are only open by a appointment only.  It did look like the showroom is better than I heard about last fall.  After that we headed to "The Spa and Hot tub outlet" that dumped Master in favor of QCA last year.  I picked up some MPS there and looked around a bit.  They will have one MS spa left.  The guy running the store made it sound like they are going to pick up the Dynasty line.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:27:33 pm »

I coulda swore Bill,your spa was/is 1 year newer than ours?.? We purchased ours in march of 03,and our warranty is about up too.

Wifey just returned from Vegas,and she brought the airbag dashplate with her,for CS to sign.

You doing eastern,or western Caribbean,on FOTS?

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:49:58 am »
It will take a while, the problem, of not having (for now) a local dealer.  I'll call Dynasty Monday, and they will probably have to ship parts then the local dealer they hire, will call me.   I tried to stop in at that LA Spa store in Gahanna today, but they are only open by a appointment only.  It did look like the showroom is better than I heard about last fall.  After that we headed to "The Spa and Hot tub outlet" that dumped Master in favor of QCA last year.  I picked up some MPS there and looked around a bit.  They will have one MS spa left.  The guy running the store made it sound like they are going to pick up the Dynasty line.

I was there a week or so ago to pick up some bromine reserve packets. Just about every showroom spa was missing panels and pieces. Look like a couple of spas threw up all over. I could never buy a spa off of a company with a first impression like that.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 07:50:05 am »
We have about 3 months left on the Optima's warranty.  
 So far we've had 2 service calls- one for a circ. pump, and one for a temperature sensor.  Our original dealer didn't charge for trips, but they stopped selling spas and the new Sundance dealer taking their place does charge $50 for the trip.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:21 am »
Hopefully they'll be able to get it taken care of during the short warm spell next week. I haven't been able to use mine for two weeks (my problem, not the tubs). Don't realize how much you miss it till you can't use it!

What's kept you out of yours? Gina and I had the flu the majority of last week.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:06 am »

I coulda swore Bill,your spa was/is 1 year newer than ours?.? We purchased ours in march of 03,and our warranty is about up too.
You doing eastern,or western Caribbean,on FOTS?

The mark in the concrete says 3/03, so this is the last year.   We are doing Western Caribbean this year. Labadee, Ocho Rios, Georgetown, and Cozumel.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:18 am »
AST laser eye surgery and then, 18 hrs later, I had the twins cut (standard "no more kids for me" guy surgery).

I've had better ideas, the third day was, uh, rough.  :'(

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:14 am »
This is getting interesting. I called Dynasty this morning and they referred me to

Spas 4 U

5591 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230

Hmm, I was right there yesterday and couldn't get in the door.  I called at 9:30 and the phone rang about 20 times before going to a voicemail that was less than professional. Hmm, I hope these people try to impress me.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:53 am »
AST laser eye surgery and then, 18 hrs later, I had the twins cut (standard "no more kids for me" guy surgery).

I've had better ideas, the third day was, uh, rough.  :'(

If you had turned the tub down to about 40, it might have been perfect for that day 3.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:29 am »
This is getting interesting. I called Dynasty this morning and they referred me to

Spas 4 U

5591 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230

Hmm, I was right there yesterday and couldn't get in the door.  I called at 9:30 and the phone rang about 20 times before going to a voicemail that was less than professional. Hmm, I hope these people try to impress me.
Wmccall, out of curiousity, does your Dynasty dealer know who you are?  8-)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:46 am »

Spas 4 U

5591 N Hamilton Rd
Columbus, OH 43230

I've talked to them, "Less than professional" is very kind. The up side is maybe they are really good at repairs, just bad at retail. From the looks of the showroom they get lots of practice.

Best of luck to ya!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42