What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another Sanitizer Question  (Read 2211 times)

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
Another Sanitizer Question
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:19:23 pm »
Need some advice/clarification on sanitizer methods from the guru's.
I have a new (July '07) Jacuzzi J-470 HT. Started out using Bromine, which worked fine, but we use the HT virtually every day and eventually the dry skin was too much.
After a discussion with the spa dealer I decided to try switching to Baquanine after my last draining (month ago), which apparently is a hydrogen peroxide based chemical sanitizer that is supposed to be very effective in killing bacteria. The product is proprietary and is available only under the name Baqua Spa. It contains no bromine or chlorine.
I have been very pleased with the "feel" of the water and water balance stability, but after switching I have heard this product may cause some equimpent issues down the road.  

Does anyone have experience with this product willing to share or reccomend another non-chlorine method with less side effects.

Hot Tub Forum

Another Sanitizer Question
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:19:23 pm »

clover

Re: Another Sanitizer Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:59 pm »
There have been many discussions regarding Baqua Spa, both positive and negative.  May I suggest that you do a search of previous threads regarding Baqua Spa over the last 6-12 months, enter key words Baqua-Spa.  

Some people love it, and some people hate it.  It is a subject that is full of controversy.  The biggest one being, you can only use baqua spa products in the water, absolutely no other chemicals.

Do you have ozone on your Hot Tub?  If not, I would suggest starting there.  But then, you have already switched to Baqua.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:14:20 am »
I do have ozone.
Thanks for the reply, I searched the threads and only came up with 3 responses for "Baqua-Spa", one of which was your reply. Another thread referenced "many" threads on Baqua-Spa as well, maybe they were archived. I was just looking for some feedback.
Thanks.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:32 am »
My dealer no longer advises their customers to use biguanides unless they have an adverse reaction to chlorine or bromine.  This is because of the water mold issue that biguanide users have after long term use.  Most tub owners I know started with biguanides.  I don't believe any of them are still users.  Most have switched to a combination of mineral cartridges, chlorine and MPS.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42