What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee vs Maxxus  (Read 7117 times)

ikucera

Grandee vs Maxxus
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:23:07 am »
Thanks for all the previous info.  We are wet testing HS Grandee and Sundance maxxus.  Have been looking for pricing info and reasonable cost for these two tubs.

I know price will depend on store costs, etc.  I certainly want the dealer to make a profit, however I would like to go into the negotiation with some information.  Not exactly any blue book for hot tubs out there.

Was wondering what anyone else had paid/offered on these two tubs.  

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee vs Maxxus
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:23:07 am »

Chris_H

Re: Grandee vs Maxxus
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:32:26 am »
I’d buy the Maxxus.  

The Maxxus should be around $13,000 with stereo and $12,000 without stereo.  

The Grandee should be around $12,000 with stereo and $10,000 without stereo.

Give or take $500 bucks or so between the two.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:37:06 pm by Chris_H »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:56:13 am »
Chris' prices seem about right. :)
Of course, I'd buy the Grandee.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:01:00 pm »
I’d buy the Maxxus.  

The Maxxus should be around $13,000 with stereo and $12,000 without stereo.  

The Grandee should be around $12,000 with stereo and $10,000 without stereo.

Give or take $500 bucks or so between the two.  

... and I'd probably go with the Grandee. The Maxxus seating is less open (its really just a 4 person spa despite its size) and I'm much more a fan of the open seating approach. In the end though it doesn't really matter which I'd prefer or which Chris prefers but which is best for you.

Complete the wet tests as you have planned and while you'll probably like both there's a good chance one will stand out as the better match for you. Both brands are very well thought of so beside the wet test the other key points are probably the deal you can get as well as your confidence in each dealer to be there for you after the sale (how long in business, how long servicing spas, do they seem customer oriented, etc.).

Also, if after negotiating you get to a standstill on pricing and the dealer seems locked in one way to improve the deal is to ask for store credit. Typically its MUCH more palatable to them to give you say $250 store credit (toward chems, accessories, etc.) than it is to lower the price $250 further and to you that should be fine because you'll be needing things after the sale anyway.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:08:49 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:02 pm »
Let us know how the wet test goes.
My wife felt the jets in the Maxxus stung too much.  She also didn't care for the lounger.
Grandee is on our short list.
Mike

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 01:04:58 pm »
I would check out the Jacuzzi J-480 or 470 but thats me.  ;)   Between the grandee mocha and the the Maxxus, I would be all over the Grandee, like said the Maxxus is a big, an expensive 4 seater spa.

ikucera

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 03:02:57 pm »
Appreciate the comments.  No Jacuzzi dealership within 100 miles. :'( :'(

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 03:04:37 pm »
Depending where you live, prices will vary.  I wish I could get $12,000 for the Grandee; we sell it for $9649  :o

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 04:00:34 pm »
I am assuming it is without stereo at $9,649.  I am certainly within my $500 variance.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:15:04 pm »
like said the Maxxus is a big, an expensive 4 seater spa.

Of course, those 4 people get treated very, very well...

I'm not sure these are the best 2 models to compare. At least in style, the Grandee is more like an Optima, while the Maxxus seems more like the Vista. I know there are size differences, but these pairings have similar layouts.

If I had to choose, I'd say the Grandee and the Optima would be the first two tubs I would try. I love all the foot jets in the Optima - I think the Grandee should have 4. The Grandee also needs a few jets around the light on the first step, so you could have a "half soak" like the (Sundance Majesta). On the other hand, I don't like "bullet jets" for foot jets, like the Optima has.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:21:48 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:32:35 am »
Depending where you live, prices will vary.  I wish I could get $12,000 for the Grandee; we sell it for $9649  :o

Term, what's the going rate for a new Grandee in your store? You seem to get a higher price than most dealers across the country for some reason. It must be all the rich oil tycoons in your neck of the woods.......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spiderman

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 12:19:40 pm »
I am assuming it is without stereo at $9,649.  I am certainly within my $500 variance.

You're right, I mis-read your post  :-[
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 12:29:51 pm »
Term, what's the going rate for a new Grandee in your store? You seem to get a higher price than most dealers across the country for some reason. It must be all the rich oil tycoons in your neck of the woods.......

2008 Grandee is $10,195 with delivery, sub-panel, starter kit, and 1 accessory (coverlifter or step).

I had to borrow a $100 bill from a customer at the Boat Show to light my Monte Cristo this weekend.  He gave me another C-note in case I decided to have another.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ikucera

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:40:05 pm »
Lots of info on the hot spring.  Greatly appreciated.

Anyone with any thoughts on the sundance pricing?

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:15:41 am »
If you liked the lounge seat in the Maxxus, I would suggest giving the Sundance Cameo a look.  Pretty much the same set up as the Sundance Optima, but the Cameo incorporates a lounge minus the foot dome.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:15:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42