What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, all you dealers and Factory reps.  (Read 8087 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Ok, all you dealers and Factory reps.
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »
For a long time, people have been asking for anyone connected with a store or particular brand to identify themselves.  In the past I've resisted as it was unenforceable and I didn't want to deal with suspicions and accusations of who is and who isn't.   I've been around here 5 years now, I know who most of you are and I think you know how valuable I feel you are to this forum.   I have been thinking about a voluntary way for those of you who choose to to announce your afillation, possibly professional history, and location.  You could possibly add as much as a short paragraph to users in general if you choose.  These messages could go into its own thread that would become a sticky and always be at the top.  It would be onw more thing for me to moderate, but I have faith in all of you, and think moderation would be minimal.  

Each industry proffesional would only be allowed one entry that could be modified at any time, but there would be no ongoing discussions, no replies, or any comment on the entries of others.  Posting by non industry professionals, including myself would not be allowed and deleted.  It would be the only place in this forum where we would allow a link to your home store or factory.

Comments, yea or nay?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Ok, all you dealers and Factory reps.
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ok, all you dealers and Factory reps.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:57:55 pm »
Bill,

Maybe the thing to do is have a different color for their name like you do and Bonibelle does.

That color wil be strickly for dealers - I vote for green = money/spa professional but maybe that can't be done. If it can be done with a sticky note on top that this color is used to represent dealers. Dealers can also add a blurb about themselves in the sticky.

Just my $0.02.

Vinny

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »
Bill, I think this is an excellent idea. There would be no more Clown Shoe remarks about who is selling what and the motives of some on here. I think what you are suggesting is something like a resume. I can see how this would benefit both the readers and the dealers alike.

Look at how Tom's presence on the board has helped this company image as well as the customers who needed top level assistance. It only makes this forum more robust...

And because this is such a great idea, I would like to suggest that everyone send you and your wife a bottle of fine wine for your upcoming vacation!! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:20:11 pm »
Great idea.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 03:41:25 pm »
I know I miss a lot of the details but most here are pretty clear about what dealer they are aren't they ?  I think most know I sell Marquis, Term, Dan, Chas Hot Springs and while I do not know for sure I am going to go out on a limb and guess Jacuzzi Jim sells Jacuzzi. I know there are others but are not most upfront about what they do.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 03:59:34 pm »
Bill,

I think this is a great idea.

While most of the dealers here are quite forthright there are some question marks.  It would also stop the occasional post about "90% of the people here are dealers" (solo, clownshoes, etc.)  Maybe a good idea would be to ask those affiliated with a company or dealership add this to their signature line.

Just my 2 cents
Bullfrog 451

Clown Shoes

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:04:36 pm »
PERSONAL MESSAGE SENT TO AUTHOR
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:00:03 pm by wmccall »

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 04:07:35 pm »
I think it would help many newbies and onlookers to just go to that section and see who they need to talk to about specific brands.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:57 pm »
I don't know if I could fit it into just one paragraph, but I am willing to try.

Have been selling tubs since 1986. We sell all the Watkins products, including:
  • HotSpring Portable Spas
  • Tiger River Spas
  • HotSpot Spas
  • Solana Spas
  • Caldera Spas

We have had many brands alongside Watkins products, but none ever did as well as HotSpring. Those other brands included: Jacuzzi, Coleman, Kohler, Aqua Leisure, Bradford (stainless steel tubs), Santa Barbara spas, Swimex Swim Spas, San Juan fiberglass pools and spas, and Softub. I think there are a few other brands, but I can't think of any right now.

We get requests to rep tubs all the time, and have been very close to selling quite a few that never went through or who chose others before we ordered our first spas or whatever. Those would include Phoenix, D1, Beachcomber Marquis and Sundance spas.

We have sold Leisure Furniture, Pool tables, fireplace stuff and other items along the way, but never lost sight of our main focus which was HotSpring Portable spas. We had up to three stores, but have downsized with the economy to one single large location at present. It was a matter of the economy being down just as our leases were up, so the move was an easy one. We plan to add a second location when the timing is right, and are working to expand our web presence as I speak.

In addition to the Watkins products mentioned aboe, we have been a warranty station for Cal Spa, Sundance, Diamonte (US Tooling), Softub and a few others.

We had a pool service company for many years, doing commercial as well as residential pools and spas, service, repair, refurbishing, replastering, renovating and painting, but sold that business over ten years ago.

I do have other businesses as well as the spa store, but they are not related. My wife and two children work by my side in this mess, and I love them for it. The kids are ready to move on - they are grown now - so I may have to figure out how a person runs a business without family all over the place, but we have added several very good employees in the past couple of years so I am hopeful the transition will be smooth. We still need somebody to take the service department as my son has given us his notice and will be sorely missed.

Send resumes to ....

sorry... more than a paragraph but there you go.

8-)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:55:56 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Micah

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 04:39:32 pm »
I think it might be easier to just put a tag line in that states that

"I am a dealer and I sell Jacuzzi Premium Spas"

That should be a signature so it will be there for every post.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 05:03:01 pm »

There is nothing here to stop that, but it gets into the unenforceable part, and I don't want to deal with the "He is a dealer " accusations. My idea here is that this might be motivation for all of these dealers to come clean  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 08:55:07 pm »
I'm in favor of transparency.

Of course there is nothing to stop people from faking who they are.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »
Personally, I think that tag-lines like the ones used by Hottubdan and Chas are the way to go.  
The option is already available to the dealers.  The Mods just have to decide if it should be mandatory.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:10:29 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:52:47 am »

I think that is best as well, like Chas's signature.
Ivie

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 11:44:06 am »
Not a bad idea.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 11:44:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42