What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Amore Bay Is Most Hideous Hot Tub Ever Created  (Read 8738 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Amore Bay Is Most Hideous Hot Tub Ever Created
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:28 pm »
This isn't my opinion.

See web site.  Enjoy the video.

http://gizmodo.com/349522/amor-bay-is-most-hideous-jacuzzi-ever-created
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:54:42 pm by wmccall »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Amore Bay Is Most Hideous Hot Tub Ever Created
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:28 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Amore Bay Is Most Hideous Hot Tub Ever Created
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:44:02 pm »
Well, it is my opinion!
Especially love the cattails and reeds in silhouette.  Tres chick.
I'll bet the losing side in the divorce gets the tub in the Separation Agreement.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:51:24 pm »
This isn't my opinion.

See web site.  Enjoy the video.

http://gizmodo.com/349522/amor-bay-is-most-hideous-jacuzzi-ever-created

Say what you want, but it has very quickly became my number one selling tub. We cannot keep it in stock! In a slowing economy selling the right tub is key. The Amore Bay is a life saver in our case. ;)

The only problem is what to do with the other tubs I have in stock? A lady came in last week pulling a flatbed trailer and said "I'm here to buy a hot tub" but I am only spending $7k. An hour later I was loading an Amore Bay on her trailer and she paid over double what she said she would.

Got To D1spas.com for a chance to win one. ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 06:53:37 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:06:10 pm »

Say what you want, but it has very quickly became my number one selling tub. We cannot keep it in stock! In a slowing economy selling the right tub is key. The Amore Bay is a life saver in our case. ;)

The only problem is what to do with the other tubs I have in stock? A lady came in last week pulling a flatbed trailer and said "I'm here to buy a hot tub" but I am only spending $7k. An hour later I was loading an Amore Bay on her trailer and she paid over double what she said she would.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's an economical spa for a "slowing economy" or a $14,000 spa?  :-?

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:26:11 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out if it's an economical spa for a "slowing economy" or a $14,000 spa?  :-?

I was wondering about that too, but I assumed maybe she just got a lot of chemicals in the deal.   ;D ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

spaman--

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:37:47 pm »

Its a sign that those that have money are spending it and the people with less are holding on to it. My point was that if you are not selling alot of spas you atleast had better be selling the right spas. ;)
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:38:59 pm »
A lady came in last week pulling a flatbed trailer and said "I'm here to buy a hot tub" but I am only spending $7k. An hour later I was loading an Amore Bay on her trailer and she paid over double what she said she would.

That why they call you "Spaman", the most charming spa salesman west of East Texas!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:39:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:57:17 pm »
I don't think I still have the photo, but the COAST waterwall tub was even more hideous.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »

Its a sign that those that have money are spending it and the people with less are holding on to it. My point was that if you are not selling alot of spas you atleast had better be selling the right spas. ;)

Ahhhh, gotcha!

It is really unusual for people with money to suggest a budget or price that they're looking to spend. Most often, price doesn't even come into the conversation until they go for their wallet/purse.

spaman--

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:42 pm »

Ahhhh, gotcha!

It is really unusual for people with money to suggest a budget or price that they're looking to spend. Most often, price doesn't even come into the conversation until they go for their wallet/purse.

Its all in qualifying. ;)
-SpaMan~

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 08:58:46 pm »
People of money also don't usually "shop around".  They typically go to a single dealership that a friend has gone to.  Pick out a tub that looks like it will meet their needs and then simply buy it with little negotiation.  This eliminates the "cross town" competitor who may well have a nicer tub for fewer dollars.  For the wealthy, that trip across town is simply not worth it.  Selling a tub that nets the business $4K is a good thing in a slow economy.  I registered and guessed upward of 14 million candy hearts.  I just hope that should I win it, I can pick a different color.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Josh

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 11:35:58 pm »
While I' :)m not sure I like the heart designs, I think that tub looks awesome. Even the red color is cool. I sat in one (dry) when I went to D1 and the mold is certainly a comfortable one.  Loved those captain's chairs.  The dealership didn't want to fill one up for me, and that's the only reason I didn't wet test.  From what I had heard about D1 and what I had seen on the web.....they looked like great tubs, it's really only because of the local dealership that I never tested one.

I'm going to enter that contest...just for fun :)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 09:19:27 am »
While I think this one is a bit cheesy, the regular one is a really pretty tub, one of the prettiest.

It was one of the first I wet tested, and I HATED it wet. I floated out of the captain's chairs, the neck jets splashed everywhere, it seemed weirdly shallow, and in the open area, the jets hit me in some very personal areas!
Ivie

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 11:45:16 am »
I'm not usually a girly girl, but I love it!  I think its beautiful... all the way down to the hearts.  I think it would look awesome with the right landscaping and/or indoors with mood lighting and some boom chicka wow wow music playing in the background.

Brookenstein

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 11:46:19 am »
the jets hit me in some very personal areas!

You say that like its a bad thing.   :-/   ;)  :)  :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 11:46:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42