What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: future bullfrog owner  (Read 8187 times)

jambaa

future bullfrog owner
« on: September 16, 2007, 07:52:17 pm »
For all the BullFrog Spa Owners,

We wet tested a spa yesterday, but they did not have all the jetpaks, I have some questions for anyone who can help.

Oscillator, Aroma'ssage what are your opinions on these JetPaks?

Secon question, when building my our spa we love the JetPaks that push the most water, even with 2 of the highest pumps it rates the waterpumps as mild on the "build your own spa website" unless we choose some of the lower output JetPaks.

I would appreciate anyone sharing the size pump the have, the JetPaks they run and how the feel about them

Thanks,
Can't wait to get my BullFrog Spa!

Hot Tub Forum

future bullfrog owner
« on: September 16, 2007, 07:52:17 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: future bullfrog owner
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 11:29:47 pm »
The reason for only mild rating is the simple fact you have more than 1 100 gal per min per side. The plumbing system is only designed one way and it was built for balance. So unfortunately you can t have everything you want without sacrificing some jet power. This question came up quite a bit when I sold Bullfrog and customers were trying to build there own tub.  IMO I dont think the shower packs offer much therapy and they are a high volume pack.  The first six packs in the design software are the best packs IMO

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:12:08 am »
The reason for only mild rating is the simple fact you have more than 1 100 gal per min per side. The plumbing system is only designed one way and it was built for balance. So unfortunately you can t have everything you want without sacrificing some jet power. This question came up quite a bit when I sold Bullfrog and customers were trying to build there own tub.  IMO I dont think the shower packs offer much therapy and they are a high volume pack.  The first six packs in the design software are the best packs IMO

Pathfinder
How did you like the Neckblaster?? i need the top of my shoulders done and it seems thats the one i would like.

John

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:25:19 am »
Hello Jambaa,

When we designed "spaDesign" we made it so you could get an idea on what jetpaks would work with others. I suggest going into your local bullfrog dealer and have them setting up your configuration there for you and then make your decision, if possible, and don't let that "mild" scare you, it might not be that mild after all, or mild might be just right!

104 degrees,

The NeckBlaster is a water hog! ;D For people that have chronic neck problems they love it! Those neck jet come over the shoulders and feel great but the do splash a little. True, you can adjust those jets but most people spring for the small sibling the NeckMassuese.

Hope that helps,

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »
Jambaa

Our tub (Bullfrog 451) also falls into the mild area on Bullfrogs design software.  It is set up with the "gyro'sage", the "Mini Neckblaster", the "Cluster Burst" and the "Alee V8" and one 4.8 hp pump.  I found it comparable to other tubs that we wet tested when shopping as far as jet pressure.  We wet tested a Caldera Martinique, Hot Springs Vanguard, the Bullfrog was about even with both.  

The tub we wet tested at our dealer had the "Oscillator" in it and I wish we had gone with it instead of the "Cluster Burst" which I find kind of boring. I have not seen the "Aroma'sage" jet pack yet so I can't make a comment on it

Oh, I forgot welcome to the forum, its a great place to get information and maintenance tips
Bullfrog 451

NROBY

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:29:53 pm »
I am waiting for delivery of my 562 I ordered a few weeks ago, but experienced the same issues you are.  I would emphasize that the selection of JetPaks is a personal choice.  The unanimous choice for my family was that the RainShower JetPak was the favorite, probably because it is so unique compared to jets available from other manufacturers.  By selecting a variety of jets with varied water volume, you are assured of having just that – a variety.  I agree with Bullfrog and my dealer that the design software is a good guide.  I ended up with the NeckBlaster, Cascadia, Oscillator, Rainshower, ClusterSpray and Alee “V” 8 (Extra JetPak).  I choose these to obtain a variety different jets and hydrotherapy options.  Good luck with your choice and ask your dealer to include an extra JetPak to close your deal.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:35:36 pm »
For us the Stormshower (a higher volume version of the rainshower) is the least used jetpack among family members. It does seem to be a favorite among people using the spa for the first time. Kind of a unique feel.
Bullfrog 562

jambaa

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:43:46 pm »
WOW, Thanks for all the help. We were able to wet test the ClusterSpray, Alee V8, Pulsator, NeckMassueuse, Gyrossage, and Storm Shower I would say my favorite was the NeckMassueuse since there is where I have cronic stress and need release, but again I think I'm leaning towards the NeckBlaster. They are suppose to have one in this week so we can test it out. I liked all of them which is one reason why we are going with the BullFrog Spa. We owned a CalSpa 15 years ago and became frustrated a year after we bought our's because of the new features coming out on new spa's we were just out of luck on. I think we will try the Oscillator now, thanks to this forum. I'm sure I will be back alot with tons of questions!

Thanks
Jambaa

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 05:00:03 pm »
WOW, Thanks for all the help. We were able to wet test the ClusterSpray, Alee V8, Pulsator, NeckMassueuse, Gyrossage, and Storm Shower I would say my favorite was the NeckMassueuse since there is where I have cronic stress and need release, but again I think I'm leaning towards the NeckBlaster.

Jambaa,

My wife is just like you, she carries all her stress in her neck and shoulders.  She loves the "Mini Neckblaster" which they now call the "Neck Masseuse", see if your dealer will put both of them in the same tub so you can see the difference.
Bullfrog 451

Pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 05:20:15 pm »
The neckblaster and the oscillator were my two favorite packs.  The shiatsu is quite a cool pack in the beginning but the novelty wears off after a month or so. Its kinda of a specialty once in a while pack.  The aromassage  is nothing special  it just has a tube in the back to put a scented cartridge in for aroma therapy. Big Waste of money. I wasnt around when the accutouch came out so im not sure how it works.

mad4sax

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 02:55:46 pm »

Pathfinder
How did you like the Neckblaster?? i need the top of my shoulders done and it seems thats the one i would like.

John

OK .. a few times in using the neckblaster, now I can report back on it.

It works from about C4 down and on the shoulders, it does not get the upper neck on me.  I am 6' tall.  I have it in the corner of my 451.  I like it with the pump on low, on high it damn near drowned me.  It is fully adjustable, I guess I should have not turned it up all the way and then hit the pump to high.  :o

Clown Shoes

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »
I own a 2006 Bullfrog 351 and I love it.
I had a space restriction and it fit my bill perfectly, I did not wet test it and I did wet test a HS Jetsetter XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx  All the things you hear about Bullfrog are false it is usually other dealers bad mouthing a brand because that is not what they sell.
I had questions that my dealer could not answer I called the factory and my call was answered by a real person who fixed my problem and sent a follow up letter personally signed by the engineer whom I talked to.
I have the Mini Neckblaster the rainshower and grysosage it the neckblaster is drowning you you may try to add more water to the tub that helped me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:14:38 pm by wmccall »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »
I am in East Texas and I thought the HS dealer was and an arrogant ass.

I believe the correct term is "monkey poo flingin' horny toad".  ::)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:19:03 pm by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 07:54:55 pm »

OK .. a few times in using the neckblaster, now I can report back on it.

It works from about C4 down and on the shoulders, it does not get the upper neck on me.  

Simply move the neckblaster jet pack to the lounge seat. Hits the upper neck perfectly. Problem solved.
Bullfrog 562

mad4sax

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
I will try that tonight ... Soooo easy to do with a Bullfrog Spa   ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42