What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: relocating hot tub  (Read 3011 times)

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
relocating hot tub
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:03:00 am »
Plan to relocate our Marquis Sport 500 (84 x 84; 700 lbs) in March and need a plan.  It’s on our deck about 6 feet high.  When delivered, we took off the railing and the dealer literally pushed and pulled (using straps/rope/4 guys) up 2X4s on it's side.  I'm thinking it might be harder for us to get it down (gravity and all).  Can get my son and his friends to help and was wondering about renting a fork lift.  We should be able to lift it on it's side, take off railing and push it on the lift and ease it to the ground.  Any concerns or any other suggestions?  Should the equipment side be on the top, bottom, side?  When transporting on the rental truck, can I keep it on it's side or is it better to have it flat (going from Frederick, MD to Florida-2 days 900+ miles).

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

relocating hot tub
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:03:00 am »

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: relocating hot tub
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:48:39 pm »
Gee, I figured someone would have a thought about how to do this.  Please reconsider and provide any helpful hints to move this thing.  Really apreicate it.

Josh

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:46 pm »
Call your local dealership and get the number of the people they use to deliver tubs. These same folks can probably move your tub for you....at least onto a trailer that you can rent from U-Haul.

In Seattle, there are a bunch of ads on Craigslist from people offering to move your hot tub. You might try that as well. They'll help you with the heavy lifting, then when you get to the new pad, just make the same phone calls.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:50:36 pm by Josh »

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:25:05 pm »
Getting a boom truck or Crane would be the safe way to do it.  A forklift will only be useful if the area is paved, concrete, or patio stones. If its just dirt or grass the forklift will sink and you will have a whole other issue. when using the forklift its better the spa be flat to move and equipment area closet to the forklift. Since your spa is 7' you wouldnt need extensions.  

When using a "moving company" make sure you see a current liability insurance statement.   For the 2 day trip its better to transport flat if you have the space. most tubs shipped to a dealer on their sides are on a pallet and strapped properly.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:27:50 pm by Pathfinder »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:25:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42