What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question about Thermospa  (Read 5602 times)

ptaylordmd

Question about Thermospa
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:07:33 am »
I was the one asking about Jacuzzi pricing.  Anyway, I just had the a Thermospa salesman come to me house.  Very low pressure, he answered a ton of my questions.  

Thermospa has spas with like 110 jets and 5 pumps, their big thing is we do not fill our spas with foam.  Is this a big deal?  Have any of you heard of these guys.  

He said other "premium" brands were Jacuzzi, Sundance, hotsprings, D1.  That is what I plan to stick too, but his had a ton of jets and pumps.  Also "titanium heaters that outlast the competition by 10 years" and pumps that take more punishment, best cover in the industry...

Ok, whats the story.  Never heard of him, heard his sales pitch, now I want to hear what you guys think.  This is just part of the info gathering process for me.  My opinion so far, if it was that great I would have heard you guys mention it already.  Ok, now ill search this site for them!

Your feedback is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Question about Thermospa
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:07:33 am »

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
Re: Question about Thermospa
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 01:25:58 am »
Check back here periodically.  The regulars here give wonderful advice.  I just recently purchased and Sundance Optima and I am very pleased with it.  The advice I got before my purchase as well as advice I am still getting from this forum has been priceless.   One thing I see over and over is that you should not just look at the tub you are purchasing, consider the service you will get after the sale.  In the long run, that will be one of the most important factors in hot tub ownership.  Good luck.
"Growing older but not up..."

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:35:46 am »
The sales guy was real low pressure? That would be news to most people. No offer that is a huge discount that you have to take today?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:36:52 am »
Did he tell you who will service it when an issue arises and how long it will take to get someone to your house?  Use the search function and see what others have to say about Thermospa.   Don't get caught up with the number of jets as it is much more important as to what the jets feel like when you're using the tub.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:40:34 am »
I don't have any direct experience with Thermospa, but I have read much and pay particular attention to service techs who work on these spas.  The most common issues seen regarding Tspa are high pressure sales, lack of service and low quality.  You have different sales experience than most but beware of the non truths.  Most of the major manufacturers have been using titanium heaters for years, including my 2002 Sundance.

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 11:20:33 am »
You mentioned the premium brands in your post; I would also look at Arctic Spas if there is a dealer near you. They are definitely in the same category as the spas that you mentioned in your post.  

In regards to Thermospas, I would be sure to get in writing the warranty, and also in writing who will service the warranty when issues arise, as there will be issues from time to time. I would also ask for local references of people who have purchased thermospas in your area.  

If it were me, I would stick with a top tier line of spas, and look at a place that has a local store, with a local service department to assist you with warranty calls and chemical questions. Also don't get too wrapped up in having tons of jets.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:22:35 am by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Cyn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 11:26:16 am »
I would definately advise you to search this forum for past posts on Thermospa.  And even if that doesn't scare you, keep in mind you never should buy without trying.  You need to wet test.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 05:51:46 pm »
One of the most important things you can do is wet test a spa.  Where is the local store you can go to with Thermospas to wet test?  Oh, you say there is no local store?  So, where will you wet test?  Oh, they don't have a place to wet test?

Please do yourself a favor and don't buy a spa from them.  I am extremely surprised they tried to pressure tactics on you.  They base their business on one call sales.  They do not have a good reputation in the industry - at all.

Stick to brands with local dealers that you can visit in person while shopping and later on when you have questions or concerns.  You will be much happier.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 06:48:24 pm »
There are a number of mfgs that use "thermal pane" design for insulation.  It's effectiveness is highly dependent upon the mfg.  Some are OK, others are crap.  But one thing they have in common is that it is cheaper (for the mfg) to build a Thermal Pane design.  So, in the end, it is primarily a cost savings effort *They make more but the consumer still pays the higher price).  Thermal Spa's service (to put it nicely) SUCKS.  Their products are OK but overpriced (generally by about $3K).  If you can buy one for $7K, consider thermal spas.  If your going to spend any more than that, do yourself a favor and buy a REAL premium brand.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:25:37 pm »
I was going to stay out of this thread, because I've never even seen a Thermospa tub, although I've read the same concerns you all have.  I just remembered something kind of humorous, though.  A few months back, I was just starting my search and stopped at the local Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer.  The salesman was farely knowledgeable (so it seemed) and had sold for a few other brands before.  Then he told me he thought that his tubs (Jacuzzi & Sundance) were the best tubs made, with maybe the exception of Thermospa!   :-?
I ended up wet testing there with another salesman (who had sold D1 before going there).  Couldn't get that comparison out of my head!   8-)
Mike

Tailhooker

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:54 pm »
Theromspa puts a nice brochure and DVD together but I see that there is no way to wet test one before you buy.  Still can't see how a insulated panel is better than full foam like the rest of the major spa makers.

ptaylordmd

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 11:42:08 pm »
I wet tested and purchased a sundance cameo!

IL Parrothead

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 12:48:26 am »
Tailhooker, the concept apparently can work (tp design) if done properly.  I've heard form a lot of owners of Arctic and Coleman.  Their thermalpane (although, as Waterboy will tell you there's isn't called thermalpane -- slightly different concept) seems to work pretty well.  It just seems that most of the other spa makers that use it don't do it properly.  They are simply cutting costs.
Mike

IL Parrothead

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 12:51:20 am »

We'll be waiting for you to post pictures!   :)
Mike

Tailhooker

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 03:04:50 pm »
haven't wet tested it yet but that is my early favorite!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 03:04:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42