What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How NOT to clean your filters  (Read 2237 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
How NOT to clean your filters
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:15:14 am »
I ran out of the purple filter cleaner that I usually buy from my dealer, so I decided to use a TPS solution to soak my filters. I rinsed them well (but obvioulsy not well enough). ::) Then I like to soak them briefly in bromine so that they don't get a musty smell as they dry. It always takes them a long time to dry!! :-/

I guess I either didn't measure well (because I thought I had a really really dilute TSP solution) or I didn't rinse well enough..but obviously I didn't do something right. My pH dropped like a rock when I put the filters in...and I am having a hard time getting it to stay where it belongs. To top that, I have an overload of bromine which must be from a residual in my filters!  :( :-/

Dumb dumb dumb   :-[

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

How NOT to clean your filters
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:15:14 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: How NOT to clean your filters
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:38:10 am »
Not as dumb as someone not paying attention to their tub and opening up to a yucky mess ... that someone is ME!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:10:58 am »
I once left my filters out in my front yard to dry as I put away the garden hose and went to change into dry shoes and socks. Then the phone rang, and a few other things came up. By time I got back out the filters were almost dry - and more importantly - the concrete all around them was dry.

Except for a small patch right at the base of one of the filters. Which was a particular yellow color.

We have a lot of dog-walkers in our neighborhood.....

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:10:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42