What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Pricing  (Read 13182 times)

ptaylordmd

Jacuzzi Pricing
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:27:31 am »
I read some posts that talk about pricing on this board.  I am thinking about purchasing a Jacuzzi 355 hot tub.  I just purchased a home here in Sunny San Diego in 2005, it has an existing Koi pond.  The filter on the pond just died and it costs 3k for the new install. My thoughts are, demo the pond add a hot tub!

Anyway, Ive been shopping for a couple of weeks, went to the Jacuzzi dealer in my area and they quoted me $7695 on the Jacuzzi J-355.  I went on Google to find Jacuzzi Pricing and I cannot locate online stores that give out pricing.  I saw on one post people talking about the J-365 for under $7500.  

1) What is the fair market price for the Jacuzzi J-355?
2) Where on the web can I find pricing info on Jacuzzi products?
3) Does anyone on this board have feelings for/against this product, is there a good alternative??

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Pricing
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:27:31 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Jacuzzi Pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:37:07 am »
Fair market is tough to say as it applies to your own market so you would think comparable pricing would likely include the dealer who's quoting you now. If I am not mistaken the 355/365 are the same tubs/lounger-non lounger and I think should be the same price. Have you wet tested or looked at any other tubs....Jacuzzi is always mentioned among the best makers around along with, Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance (sister company) and there are others but Jacuzzi is certainly a well respected maker.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:39:39 am by Mendocino101 »

ptaylordmd

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:09 am »
I wet tested the J-355, thought is was great.  Ive been mostly looking online, and there are so many brands and names its confusing. I figured Jacuzzi is a big name in the industry, so that must be the way to go?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
They are along with a small group of makers (less than about 10) who most would agree that if you like one of the tubs made by any of them you will not be making a bad choice. If you wet tested and liked it than is should be solid selection.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:21:27 pm »
1) What is the fair market price for the Jacuzzi J-355?
2) Where on the web can I find pricing info on Jacuzzi products?
3) Does anyone on this board have feelings for/against this product, is there a good alternative??

1) Fair market price doesn't exist as a hard and firm number as it varies by a few factors so realize that you won't truly learn this by finding out what someone in Alabama or Montana spent on theirs. Finding out what others in California spent is closer but its still tough to get a concrete apples to apples comparison other than ballpark. You could visit the dealer and ask for a couple copies of recent invoices for that model (with names/addresses blacked out of course) to see what he's been selling it for or find the next closest Jacuzzi dealer and visit them.

2) Where on the web? This forum would be about the best palce. Such info is not published otherwise.

3) Other alternatives? On a national level Sundance/Jacuzzi are one of the larger players along with Hot Spring/Caldera, Marquis, D1, Arctic, Coleman, Artesian and a few others though its not really just about volume sold but also about reputation for quality and service. Your area probably has most of those represented.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:23:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:50:50 pm »
 That price is very good!  We sell it or have it listed anyway, at 8495.00!  No stereo. does include lift. ozone, delivery and steps, chems.

Lowest we ever go is 7995.00   Its a nice spa the lounger feels fantastic.   Is it an 07 or 08??

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 03:12:04 pm »
Ditto.  Jacuzzi is up there.  If you are like a lot of us, and you decide you want to test a bunch of the top tubs, try:  Hot Spring, Dimension One, Marquis, Sundance, Caldera, Artesian...there are a couple more.  And if you're like a lot of us, one or two (maybe 3) will really stand out as the tub that felt best for you.  Use that information to negotiate among the dealers of the tubs you like most.  Food for thought.......
Mike

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 05:29:30 pm »
I am an owner rather than a dealer.  Just be aware that a number of the guys on this forum are dealers and you will not get them (nor any other dealers) on the internet or otherwise to advertise their TRUE "lowest price".  You CAN look at other consumers who bought prior to you to get the best idea.  Simply put J-355, J355 and 355 in the search bar and read what others have paid.  I have seen others get the J-355 UNDER $7K so do a search to see wht you can find.  As others have pointed out, it may well depend on how big (i.e. competitive) you r particular area is.  If a dealer (nay dealer) think they can get more out of you, they are going to try.  Only a VERY FEW dealers offer "one price shopping".  Sometimes that is good (competitive), other times it's bad (too high).  The dealers on here are the best for a number of major mfgs.  I have a 5 year old Jacuzzi J-370 (Equivilant size to the J385 now).  Mine came with Ozone, cover, Stereo for $6,495.  Most dealers were asking for around $8,500 at that same time.  I am no longer close enough to the market to know what the best price for a J-355 might be but I KNOW that two or three guys on here have bought that model within the past year so your search should be able to turn up the most realistic price for that tub (and/or any other brand you may be interested in).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

92tiger

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 08:31:14 pm »
ptaylordmd,

When I started my search, I had a budget of $9,000.00.  (That had to be my out the door price).  After wet testing a Sundance Optima, HS Vanguard, and a Jacuzzi J-470 (I wanted to test a J-365, but they did not have one available for wet testing), I was sold on the J-470.  However, a new J-470 is out of my budget.  My hope is to be able to purchase one of the floor demos when they become available.

Bottom line is the J-470 was far above and beyond my expectations.  There is one particular seat that was pure heaven.  The dealer quote on a new J-470 was $10,800.00 for the tub, $1,200.00 for the stereo option, $320.00 for the ozone option, and $370.00 for the lifter.  The steps and delivery are included.  Total w/o tax was $12,690.00.

Good luck.

Scott

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:12:20 pm »
Ditto.  Jacuzzi is up there.  If you are like a lot of us, and you decide you want to test a bunch of the top tubs, try:  Hot Spring, Dimension One, Marquis, Sundance, Caldera, Artesian...there are a couple more.  And if you're like a lot of us, one or two (maybe 3) will really stand out as the tub that felt best for you.  Use that information to negotiate among the dealers of the tubs you like most.  Food for thought.......
Here is my take and whether I am right or wrong what one dealer pays for a spa another dealer must pay the same. Additional cost each one must bear due to shipping to their respective dealerships is one thing but help me understand if you are a dealer and have to get a particular product to sell why would you pay any more than a dealer who is 100 miles away. I believe there has to be an invoice each dealer has but will not share with consumer as they have to try and make a home run each sale as it is a business and get what you can when you can mentality seems prevalant in the industry. It is no wonder the consumer confusion that attracts them to hot tubs from Costco, Home depot etc. that draw those consumers into buying as the used car mentality prevails in those supposed quality Hot tub dealers like DS, HS, Caldera, Jacuzzi, etc.prevails. Why not all have a set price like these big stores and allow for a fair profit as hitting a home run is simply used car mentality.

Scooter

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:57:51 pm »

Anyway, Ive been shopping for a couple of weeks, went to the Jacuzzi dealer in my area and they quoted me $7695 on the Jacuzzi J-355.

I live in the STL, have an '06 345, and try to keep up with my dealer's pricing as best I can. Last I checked(a few months ago), your quote is a few hundred dollars less than their starting asking price.
Imo, you will not find a better spa for your money than a 300 series. I've enjoyed mine 5+ times a week for the past 15 months w/o a single problem. Oh wait, I did have to clean out my ozonator tubing.... ;D

Good luck with your search and keep us updated.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:20:39 pm by WHY_NOT »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:22:42 am »
Here is my take and whether I am right or wrong what one dealer pays for a spa another dealer must pay the same. Additional cost each one must bear due to shipping to their respective dealerships is one thing but help me understand if you are a dealer and have to get a particular product to sell why would you pay any more than a dealer who is 100 miles away. I believe there has to be an invoice each dealer has but will not share with consumer as they have to try and make a home run each sale as it is a business and get what you can when you can mentality seems prevalant in the industry. It is no wonder the consumer confusion that attracts them to hot tubs from Costco, Home depot etc. that draw those consumers into buying as the used car mentality prevails in those supposed quality Hot tub dealers like DS, HS, Caldera, Jacuzzi, etc.prevails. Why not all have a set price like these big stores and allow for a fair profit as hitting a home run is simply used car mentality.

Scooter

Scooter,

The dealers do pay the same for spas or within in "some" case a few hundred dollars of each other as there volume discounts and specials from time to time. But the real rub here is most spa dealers are small "Mom & Pop" type stores that many times are family run and and the cost of doing business varies greatly. I totally disagree with you about dealers wanting to "hit a home run" every time. I think a good dealer who is in the business for the long haul simply wants to be fair and to provide quality service to his customers. I know we certainly strive to package and offer what feel is the most competitive package we can. The dealer who is only trying to sell at the highest dollar will not be around long and the same is true for those who are selling things so cheaply that it does not allow for them to make a return that will also keep them in business again for the long haul.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »

Scooter

Mendo was to nice!

For me, your wrong and thats an idiotic statement!  You cant possibly compare a big box store like Costco or Sams club to a local mom and pop type store that provides quality customer service,which Costco does not.  Service of the product they sell, which Costco does not. and just the general fact, you can go into your mom&pop store and actually talk to someone who knows something about what you bought.  The only good thing about Costco is there 90 day return policy which is getting less and less. Even that said, we offer the same thing. Not satisfied in 3 months, will take it back.

My wife shops at costco and buys a lot of stuff from them,so I am not dissing Costco, but dont try and compare them to a mom and pop store thats trying to earn a living by selling a quality product with service at a higher price.

One other thing, there are I am sure a lot of B&M stores that also sell inferior spas, and might take the used car sales approach,  I would still rather buy a spa from them over Costco, even if I paid a bit more, but knew it came with a good warranty, and they had been in business with no major bb complaints.

Sorry for the rant, but that statement was just stupid!  Any other dealers or consumers feel the same as I do?

FWIW  Costco sells Sundance spas at a much higher price than there other junky spa  lines, and local dealers are suppose to service them,  Sams club sells Jacuzzi at a much higher price than there other spa brands as well.
 And as far as I know Wallmart sells Hot springs at a much higher cost as well.    So yes Costco and others are there to make a buck also.

Chris_H

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 04:20:14 pm »

FWIW  Costco sells Sundance spas at a much higher price than there other junky spa  lines, and local dealers are suppose to service them,  Sams club sells Jacuzzi at a much higher price than there other spa brands as well.
 And as far as I know Wallmart sells Hot springs at a much higher cost as well.    So yes Costco and others are there to make a buck also.

Can you explain this because I don't think Sundance requires their dealers to service anything?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »

Can you explain this because I don't think Sundance requires their dealers to service anything?

I don't think there is actually anything in writing, we don't have a Sams club here for me to worry about Jacuzzi.  I have had customers in the past when Jacuzzi was sold through  Costco, home depot, eagles now called lowes here, that called Jacuzzi and bitched about service for there spas. Jacuzzi would then call me and see if we were willing to work on the spa.  The only way was to get a rma# from Jacuzzi for a warranty tag, and either way I told the customer they had to pay a 60.00 travel fee, (something we dont do for our own customers).   Some said ok which we went out and fixed. Some threw a fit, which we did not fix, not sure what they ended up doing?

All in all I think its just frowned upon.

Maybe I took the whole thing to personal, but it really chaps my -ss to hear stuff like that, I am sure there are a lot of used car type stores and spa sales people but most are not.  I certainly am not, nor do I go for the home run in pricing. But we do have to stay in business.

Don't even get me started on the cost of dentistry!   Theres a bit of markup pricing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:40:22 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42