What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: muric acid  (Read 19385 times)

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
Re: muric acid
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 04:54:17 pm »
"Acid Magic" is great stuff.

I've been using it for cleaning for 2 years now.

Every bit a effective as muriatic.  Never had as much as an irritated patch of skin.  I confess I don't wear gloves when handling (even though recommended).  Doesn't seem to be as harsh of vapor either.

It IS still toxic though, watch out with pets & kids.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 04:54:17 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 08:09:13 am »
What does Acid Magic cost?  
Brewman

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 01:05:59 pm »
What does Acid Magic cost?  

Just finished checking with two vendors.  

Retail will vary by store, but should come in around $7-$10 for 1 gallon; and $30-$45 for a 5 gallon container.

May be hard to find.  I was told by one of the two that they had very little interest in it, compared to the much cheaper muriatic.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »
The main reason I use muriatic is because of it's low cost and easy availablity.  I have enough brain cells  to manage the risks with the product, so that's not an issue for me.  (I also reload pistol ammo- make bullets from melted lead, handle gunpowder, AND I EVEN DRINK COFFEE FROM MCDONALD'S!  and still have all my fingers, toes, and both eyebrows- go figure).

The alkalinity of my tap water is off the charts, and it's nice to add a relatively small amount of muriatic instead of 3 or 4  spa sized containers of decreaser, at about $6 each.  Used to cost me over $20 just to balance the water.  Now it only costs a few pennies, and I'm adding less "stuff" to do it.

But if I only had minor adjustments to worry about, I'd pay for the spa packaged decreaser products.  

By the way, muriatic acid doesn't seem to freeze, at least in winter temperatures in MN.  I forgot the container was outside since my last water change, and despite several below zero nights, it didn't freeze.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:20:44 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42