What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My new LA Spas HEET hot tub  (Read 11774 times)

Josh

My new LA Spas HEET hot tub
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:04 pm »
It's been awhile since I've posted, but that's probably because everything's been wonderful in hot tub world for me.

My extensive hot tub search had me looking at a dozens of tubs across several of the major brands, then wet testing about 10-12 of those, until I found the most comfortable hot tub for me.  I ended up selecting the LA Spas HEET because it felt the best to me out of everything I wet tested.

When it was all said and done, the shopping process took me a little over 2 weeks, and just 2 weeks following that (less than a month after my old hot tub broke down) my brand new LA Spas HEET arrived at my house.

Thought I'd share some pictures and stories here:

First...the delivery.  This was a pretty funny adventure.  They brought out a huge crane, and lifted the hot tub up with it. I was all excited about this crane, and even had a friend come over to watch. We took about a hundred pictures:

It was long enough to lift the thing over my 2 story house....

However, once they got it up in the air, they realized they weren't going to be able to swing it around the trees surrounding my deck without risking some damage to the trees (or the tub).  I didn't know why no one figured this out before hand, but I got to see a hot tub hanging over my kitchen...so I didn't mind.  ;D

I thought for a few minutes about just having them install it up in the trees, maybe building a little treehouse cabana, but decided that might be a little too expensive and my guests might not like climbing a rope ladder to get up there.  ;)

They eventually placed the hot tub down on dry land again, then their guys took out my old hot tub....(still don't know what brand this was, any industry experts here know?).

The next day, they came back with some carpenters to put a few more support beams under my deck so they could install it from the open side. They washed the deck for me while they they did this (talk about full service).

While the work spanned over two days, it was only about 6 hours when all was said and done.  I finally have a hot tub again and I love it.

These pictures are from the first night...when I just stood there and looked at it with all the jets, lights and waterfalls on, waiting to get in.

It is a really great hot tub....I've already used it a bunch of times myself, and also had several of my friends over to try it out as well. Between Christmas and New Years parties, it's gotten so much use, I've already cleaned the filters once.

Thanks to everyone here who advised me to wet test. That was the best advice anyone could have ever given me, and this tub was by far the most amazing tub I tested compared to anything I sat in.  

Wet testing wasn't something I was really thinking about before I started my search....but it ended up being the most important part of my search for me.  I am pretty sure I probably would have bought something completely different if I hadn't sat in all those different tubs to see how they actually felt.   I'm so glad I took the time to test drive, then buy the one that was best for me.

Here's to spending many years to come enjoying the tub!

Hot Tub Forum

My new LA Spas HEET hot tub
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:04 pm »

Spiderman

Re: My new LA Spas HEET hot tub
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:17:01 pm »
Congrats on the new spa, and thanks for posting the pics!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

thatbpguy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 07:44:35 pm »
Nice!

I'll be over at 8.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:13:09 pm »
Nice post, Josh, and Nice tub!
Mike

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 08:13:37 pm »
That is a beautiful tub.  CONGRATULATIONS!

And thanks for the pics.  I love it when you guys use a crane!!  
My installation was very boring compared to yours.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »
Wow, great pictures. I hope you will stick around for years to come and let us know how it goes.  I haven't seen the HEET for a couple of years. My first impression of the tub from your pictures is that it has jets on the legs in the lounger that I wish mine had. In fact mine was poorly designed in that area.  I' love to have jets that hit the back of my thighs and and calves.  The foot jets also look pretty amazing. Again the footjets on my lounger are equally worthless.  I hope its as great as it looks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:09:39 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:54:03 pm »
Awesome Josh!

That LA Spas looks very nice.

With the lights, jets, and waterfall that thing looks like a freaking lagoon!

Thanks for all the pics.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 11:32:25 pm »
Nice pics. I was wondering what happened to you. Thanks for sharing Josh.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Josh

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 02:57:51 am »
Congrats on the new spa, and thanks for posting the pics!

And thank you.

Nice!

I'll be over at 8.

I'd better install a ticket system.  :)

Nice post, Josh, and Nice tub!

Thank you, I'm really enjoying it so far.

That is a beautiful tub.  CONGRATULATIONS!

And thanks for the pics.  I love it when you guys use a crane!!  
My installation was very boring compared to yours.

I was so excited about that darn crane, even if they weren't actually able to use it to lift the spa out of the deck (and drop the new one in) as planned.  I suppose I could have pruned some trees, but I wanted to keep them all intact (they're great for both shade and privacy).

Awesome Josh!

That LA Spas looks very nice.

With the lights, jets, and waterfall that thing looks like a freaking lagoon!

Thanks for all the pics.

When you turn them all on, it looks like some kind of ride at Disneyland.  I've found that I like to use them at parties, but generally...when I'm out there alone, or with just the wife...I haven't had it in "disco" mode as much.

Wow, great pictures. I hope you will stick around for years to come and let us know how it goes.  I haven't seen the HEET for a couple of years. My first impression of the tub from your pictures is that it has jets on the legs in the lounger that I wish mine had. In fact mine was poorly designed in that area.  I' love to have jets that hit the back of my thighs and and calves.  The foot jets also look pretty amazing. Again the footjets on my lounger are equally worthless.  I hope its as great as it looks.

One of the main reasons I picked this model was the comfort (and power) of that lounge.  Most hot tubs I tested shared similar seating configurations, features and specs, but this lounge was one of the things that really set this model apart for me.  When combined with the comfort, it ended up being a huge selling point that ultimately pushed me over the edge.

The jets on the legs are truly great, as well as those wrist jets (which I tend to rest my hands on). Each one is individually controlled, and I've found that I really like to mess with the settings depending on where I want to focus the jets.  I don't generally turn them all on at a time...it's mostly set on one or two areas.  I think the best thing about the lounge is the foot jets.  Each one of them is as big as the "floor" jets in most other tubs I tested (those huge, 13 port ones).  I didn't find another tub with that kind of foot massage in the lounge, (and the tub has a second pair in the floor for the other seats on top of that).

I love that lounge...and I'm glad I got it (even if it means losing one regular seat to do it).

Nice pics. I was wondering what happened to you. Thanks for sharing Josh.

I actually was thinking about this forum when I was out there last night, realizing that without all that advice to wet test, I might have bought something different...and I'm very happy with my choice.

I'll definitley pop in again.  I'm sure I'll have some sort of maintenance or chemical question before long.  ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:47:46 am »

The jets on the legs are truly great, as well as those wrist jets (which I tend to rest my hands on). ;)

While I'm happy with the performance and most aspects of my tub you mention another area Dynasty failed in my model. I have to think whomever put the wrist jets in my tub only put them in as a selling point and never actually tried them out. the left wrist jet is about 4 inches deeper than the right one, so your left arm has to be 4" longer than your right in order to use them comfortably.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 08:16:33 am »
 ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 08:50:15 am »
When you wrote that the crane couldn't swing your tub over the trees to your deck, I was really hoping to see a helicopter in the next picture.  ::)

Never heard of your tub, but it sure looks nice.  Just goes to show that there are a lot of nice hot tubs out there.  Good luck with it!

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 10:16:13 am »
Looks great Josh! Congrats! Enjoy!
Ivie

Cyn

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 11:10:03 am »
Wonderful pics!!  Enjoy  8-)

Josh

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 01:50:04 pm »

While I'm happy with the performance and most aspects of my tub you mention another area Dynasty failed in my model. I have to think whomever put the wrist jets in my tub only put them in as a selling point and never actually tried them out. the left wrist jet is about 4 inches deeper than the right one, so your left arm has to be 4" longer than your right in order to use them comfortably.

I only tested one other tub that had "wrist jets", but on that one, they seemed to be just an air hole (sort of like putting your hand over the ozone or something.  It seemed like they had put them in as an afterthought as opposed to having them be a useful "therapy port".  

I liked them because I spend almost all day typing, and it's sort of a luxury to have some pressure targeted there if I want it.  No one ever thinks about us poor desk jockeys, so I thought that was cool.  As far as functionality goes, they are positioned evenly on the arm rests, and they're pretty darn strong (you can turn them up higher than I like them actually).

There is word of snow mixed with rain in my area tonight, I'm crossing my fingers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 01:50:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42