What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: my rash  active oxygen system ?  (Read 6780 times)

Pathfinder

Re: my rash  active oxygen system ?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 03:45:19 am »
Grizz, since your new and in the UK where experience isnt too high on hot tubs, could you give us a rundown of what you water maintenance routine is ie; how much bromine you use (granuals or tablets) what you use for shocking what are your current ph,Ta,cal&TDS readings. It might be as simple as bad chemistry.

Back to bed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 03:45:19 am »

cburk0677

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 05:31:55 pm »
Drain your tub and start over. I just got my hottub in may of 2006 and first fill was great for about 1.5 months. Then I started getting a rash. Even went to the doctor.

Finally drained my vanguard, wiped down the inside with bleach/water solution. Powerwashed all the filters. Rinsed and drained out bleach water. Refilled tub, added startup chemicals and haven't had any problems since in the past 6 months.

When I was getting the rash my test strips weren't making any sense at all. Colors were all over the place for ph and alk. Tried to correct by adding generous amounts of ph up and down. Nothing made a difference. I came to the conclusion that my water was so over medicated at that point that nothing was going to fix it except for a drain and refill. Thanks to the advice on this forum that is exactly what I did.

Since then I have become much better at maintaining my water. I make sure to keep the chlorine at 3ppm and I powerwash my filters every 2 weeks. I also need to shock my water here soon since I haven't done that in about a month.

Mistakes I made when I first bought my tub:

1. Over medicating the water.
2. Adding defoamer. (Made water cloudy)
3. Adding clarifier to clear water(cleared water somewhat but caused soap scum all around the outside of the tub)
4. Not keeping Chlorine at high enough level consistently, especially after lots of people using the tub.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

loosenupspas

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:51 am »
I guess Dr. Spa isn't a for real doctor but plays one on the internet and a good one at that.  If you read the information provided by the manufacturer of your bromine chemical system under the section concerning skin irritation, what does it say?  That isn't a bad place to begin, your chemical company should be familiar with these issues. Also look at your spa owners manual, it may address skin irritations too.  My advice is shower off soon after you soak.  Try to keep your time in spa to 15 minutes and then shower.  In hot spa water your pores dilate, which is good, but could trap stuff once you cool off so you have to get that stuff off your skin out of your pores.  I think east texas spas sells a special luffa for such.  I have to say, active oxygen system is new to me.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42