What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EcoOne  (Read 4183 times)

Micah

EcoOne
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:04:24 pm »
Has anyone ever used the eco one system.  Pro or con I'm just looking for feedback.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

EcoOne
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:04:24 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: EcoOne
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 03:47:02 pm »
I haven't used it but did contact Pacific Sands about it. IMO, it is too expensive unless it's a last resort to use the spa. If I remember correctly the "spa cleaner" is about $20 and every month you need to add another $20 for the enzymes itself. I forget how much the filter booster is.

On Doc's site there are a few people who have used "The Natural" which is similar to Eco One and have had good results. Also, I think a few years ago someone came on here and there was a discussion on it. It supposedly works by suppressing the bad bacteria with enzymes and good bacteria.

As I said, I would certainly try it if I had issues with all the other products out there but would question how "safe" the tub would be with little or no sanitizer.

Just my opinion with a little fact.

Micah

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:51:03 pm »
Thanks for the input Vinny.  Many of the people here in California are on Baqua and it is about $60.00 every three months.  I think if it works, and it is easy to use californians will pay for it.  To me the most important part is does it really work or is it "snake oil".  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:25:25 pm »
We sell a decent amount of it so someone's using it.  It does call for using dichlor so it's definitely safe.  It is pretty expensive if you're buying month to month.  Six month kits aren't bad.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:39:02 pm »
I believe Chas has some success with EcoOne in the pas. Perhaps he can chime in.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:20:26 am »
We sell a decent amount of it so someone's using it.  It does call for using dichlor so it's definitely safe.  It is pretty expensive if you're buying month to month.  Six month kits aren't bad.

The funny thing about it is that the chlorine will eat up the enzymes while doing its job.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 04:53:36 pm »
I believe Chas has some success with EcoOne in the pas. Perhaps he can chime in.

Chas did try Eco One a while ago and gave daily reports to forum readers on his experience.  He also sent samples of his spa water to Vermonter for analysis, if I recall.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 01:22:38 am »
I used what I thought was very little Dichlor while I had the Eco One working, but several posters chimed in that they thought I was over doing the Chlorine.

My tub stayed absolutely fine, I was able to go longer than the usual water change interval, and my skin felt nice and soft. I liked the subtle fragrance - Coconut if I recall - and overall it seemed to work just fine.

It is a complete system - you have to do a purge first, then drain and then begin the program. The pH tends to go a bit high and stay there, and I fought to drop it.  The Eco One folks told me to leave it there, around 8.0 I think. I did, and it was much less work once I gave up on that point. I did not see any calcium buildup while the pH was that high, which is unusual.

I went back to Dichlor after using up all the stuff in the start-up kit which was very kindly supplied to me. I liked it, but I have been using Dichlor successfully for close to 25 years and old habits die hard.

I am currently on Brilliance, which I like as well. I need the feeder right now as I recuperate from a back injury and back surgery. But I like the Brilliance well enough that I might change to it ongoing. I sell Brilliance in my store, so it is easy to just grab what I need when I need it - I do not sell Eco One currently.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 01:22:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42