What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Falling asleep  (Read 9063 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Falling asleep
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 12:32:25 am »
I'm not allowed to soak alone.  I get dizzy most nights when we soak and have passed out 5 or 6 times when I've gotten out.  Now I'm not normal and we know that... so we take the extra percaution.  If there is no underlying medical condition and no drugs/alcohol I wouldn't see a problem.

Wow, Brooke. Do you keep the water extra hot? That sounds scary. Have you ever passed out after a bath or standing up suddenly around the house? Take Care....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 12:32:25 am »

Brookenstein

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 01:39:21 am »

Wow, Brooke. Do you keep the water extra hot? That sounds scary. Have you ever passed out after a bath or standing up suddenly around the house? Take Care....

We normally keep the water at 100.

Yup.  I passed out and had a seizure about 9 yrs ago in the shower and landed on the cold water handle turning it off... I ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns down my back... my dog actually went and woke up J who found me unconscious in the tub.

If I remember to be careful standing up slowly for the most part I can control my passing out.  I just forget and stand up normal sometimes then hit the floor.  I've been doing this since I was about 7 years old.

I had my license suspended 2 different times between 16 and 22 for about 6mo, until I was faint free.  Now I just don't tell the dr so they don't have to report it to the state.  I don't live where there are busses, so I would be SOL without a license.  I *usually* get warnings, so I would never drive if I thought there was a concern.  I voluntarily stop driving (sometimes for weeks, even months) if I feel off.

I've seen a neurologist for nearly 25 years and they've never figured out why.  I have a seizure about every 5 years, but I am not epileptic... I have a minor heart abnormaility, but its supposedly ok (they just make me take antibiotics if I go to the dentist), they pretty much have said fainting/seizures are related to my migraines, but who knows.  I've yet to find a dr I trust since moving to CA.

That was probably way more than you wanted to know.   :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 07:54:17 am »

We normally keep the water at 100.

I've seen a neurologist for nearly 25 years and they've never figured out why.  I have a seizure about every 5 years, but I am not epileptic...:)

Have you ever done a sleep study?  Many doctors suspect unexplained seizures, including my own may be sleep apnea related.  Mine are 100% controlled with medication but still officially unexplained.  Yours sound a lot like mine, of the grand mal type.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

96SC

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 10:20:04 am »
Interesting Brooke, my wife has migraines and periodic seizures.  Drs. tell her flahing lights, sunlight going between trees while driving can set them off.  (Strobe lights aren't even in her vocabulary).  She thinks they started when she was in a wreck as a teen and took a hard whack on the top of the head.  
While driving together she had one, fortunately I was driving, and it was the first one I had experienced.  She had one of those phone ear pieces on and my first thought was that it was shocking her head by the actions she was having.  It was her first in over 20 years and hopefully the last.  Quite a dilemma, care for your spouse, watch the road at 80 mph, get off the interstate, care for your spouse, figure out what the hell is going on, throw the head piece, watch the road,  you get the idea.  She had her seat belt on so I knew she wasn't going anywhere, like onto the floor or under my feet/into the steering wheel.  
All that to say, J I know what you go through.  Brooke you are wise to 'pull the plug' on some of your activities when you don't feel right.  DW has no idea when one may come on, unlike you who knows not to stand up too fast.  Hopefully you can find nuerologist you can relate to.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 11:05:38 am »
Interesting Brooke, my wife has migraines and periodic seizures.  

Same story here. My wife has had migraines since she was a kid (flashing lights, aversion to light, etc.) and while pregnant with our first son she had a bad seizure and went to the hospital. They took her license away and she went on Tegritol for the seizures (though the medication did also help to reduce the strength of her migraines which the doc said was typical). I was with her in the neurologist office when he told her that they could not find the cause of the seizure but it was typical for them to not find the exact reason for it. Eventually she got her license back which in retrospect was a mistake because it allows her to go to the mall or Walmart and spend money without me.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brookenstein

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 11:30:47 am »
Wow, interesting to see so many others have similiar stories.

There was talk throughout the years on doing a sleep study and a tilt table study, but one was never done.  My nuerologist in Portland was never covered by my insurance once I got married (10 years ago).  I always paid out of pocket to continue to see him, but couldn't afford to do those tests as the hopital he was associated with wasn't in our plan.  I haven't found a neurologist on Cali that was worth paying a $25 copay to.  Very dissapointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to my sleep somehow or if something else showed up in a sleep study.  I haven't slept through the night since I was 10 or so (wthin a year or so of my first and only completely witnessed grand mal seizure).

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 04:13:08 pm »
While driving together she had one, fortunately I was driving, and it was the first one I had experienced.  .

My friend who was with me for my first (of 2) said is was quite a scary experience for him. I don't remember, I woke up in the hospital
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 04:13:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42