What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My kids make the water foam  (Read 4167 times)

solo

My kids make the water foam
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:14 am »
Every time my kids get in the spa, I have a foaming problem the next day.  My guess is that it is either detergent from their suits or soap that they do not fully rinse off of them when bathing and washing their hair.

Should I consider one of the antifoaming spoa products?

Hot Tub Forum

My kids make the water foam
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:14 am »

Brookenstein

Re: My kids make the water foam
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:01:21 pm »
I wash my kids suits with no detergent and that helps some.

I don't bother with the anti-foaming stuff, but some people put a squirt bottle top on it and spray it dilluted like that.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:29:47 pm »
The antifoam stuff is a losing battle. Better off designating suits for spa use only and just use fresh water to rinse them.
Bullfrog 562

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:51:41 pm »
Hair products are huge contributors to foaming, if you can ask the kids not to go underwater when using the tub
Bullfrog 451

Sudzz

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 03:46:43 pm »
No kids underwater in our tub. Main reason is safety (so hair can't get caught in suction at intakes) and other reason is to keep the foam to a minimum.  The anti-foam products diluted in a spray bottle work very well for us when the foam gets out of control during a hot tub party.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:47:53 pm by Sudzz »
Nordic Crown XL - Purchased 12/06

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:37:09 pm »
Buy a pool skimmer, get the water to foam, scoop it out as much as you can and then shock with MPS to get the rest you couldn't get out.

As was said: designate swim wear for the tub, no heads under water (both my kids got ear infections at the same time when they did that) and watch body lotions as well.

Scaramanga

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 12:20:40 am »
No kids underwater in our tub. Main reason is safety (so hair can't get caught in suction at intakes)

I did not realize that this was still a concern regarding modenr portable spas.

Are there not safety features to prevent this? :-?

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 07:47:05 am »
No kids underwater in our tub. Main reason is safety (so hair can't get caught in suction at intakes)

Are there not safety features to prevent this? :-?

Sure there are, in the number and size of the water intakes, and their placement. Bottom line is the water feeding the pumps has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is inside your tub. With people calling for more and more powerful jets manufacturers have to go with more or larger pumps that move more water. That's larger volumes of water at higher velocities.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:48:50 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:45:27 am »
Hair products are huge contributors to foaming, if you can ask the kids not to go underwater when using the tub

The above messages about designating a suit as spa only and this message is on target.   The only thing I would change here is change ASK to threaten them within an inch of their lives if they put their end under water and ask kids with longer hair to put it up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:51:29 pm »
We had a terrible time with foam the first 4 months of owning our hot tub.  Since we've switched to Dichlor/N2 cartridge, we've not had ANY problems with foam.  I attribute the foam problems to bromine.  Not sure if that's fair or not.  But I won't switch back to bromine.  I love the dichlor regimen....it's working really well for us!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:51:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42