What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought a tub today  (Read 3681 times)

Hogzilla

Bought a tub today
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:13:43 pm »
I bit the bullet and bought a hot tub today.  My daughter and I went and wet tested an Envoy by Hot Spring and loved it.  So since my wife said get what you like.....I did.  The dealer did not have the color combo I wanted so he called a dealer that had one in his wharehouse and is going to go 150 miles round trip and get it and deliver it.  No extra charge.  He is putting the lift on it and it comes with the panel for the electrical hook up and chemicals.  He said that the price he was selling it for was for his floor models, but since I knew him (I have served his family in my business for many years) that he would still give me the sale price.  I ended up paying $8500 out the door with set up.  I hope that is a good deal, I thought it was so I bought.  So maybe by Christmas day I will be soaking in my new tub!!  

Thanks for all the help in this process.

Hot Tub Forum

Bought a tub today
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:13:43 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Bought a tub today
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:24:01 pm »
I bit the bullet and bought a hot tub today.  My daughter and I went and wet tested an Envoy by Hot Spring and loved it.  So since my wife said get what you like.....I did.  

Thanks for all the help in this process.

Congrats on your early Christmas present. I'm sure Mrs. Hogzilla will be happy with your choice.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:35:53 pm »
Hogzilla, sounds like you got a great deal. I have the same model. I'm sure your family will enjoy it for several years to come. It's the best money I've ever spent. Take some pictures for us....

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:01:32 am »
Good Choice, Hogzilla.  
I've got an Envoy too, and love it!  Glad to hear your getting a lifter.
That top is big enough to give you a reason to need to use the tub.   ;D
The price sounds great, too.

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »
Congrats, Hog...

Now you'll probably be the "envoy" of all your neighbors..... ;D

Hogzilla

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 08:47:16 pm »
A brief update on the new tub.  As I stated before the local dealer was going to get the tub from a dealer in a near by city.  This morning the dealer called and told me that there was a problem.  The dealer he was going to do the deal with sent him a fax that told him that he would sell him the tub at his cost plus an additional $1000.  He stated on his fax that there was a $350 loading fee, $40 storage fee, and several other charges that added up to $1000.  (My dealer warned me about this guy the day before he tried to do the deal and again after he made the deal that this guy has done some crazy things to them in the past and would not guarantee we would ever see the tub.)  My dealer said I had three options. 1. I could buy the tub on the floor that he had, even though it was not the correct color.  2.  Order a new tub at the discounted price and wait until the end of January for delivery or 3.  Go to the other dealer and purchase the tub from him and my local guy would still service it and take care of me.

So after thinking about it I decided to order what I wanted and wait until the end of January.  I certainly was not going to go buy from the dealer that was trying to put the screws to my local dealer.  I also can't believe the out of town dealer would turn down a  deal right at the end of the year and reduce his inventory.  Anyway I have been without a hot tub all my life so another month won't matter since I do not know the difference.  ( I would much rather wait and have what I want than to take second best)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:01:27 pm »
A brief update on the new tub.  As I stated before the local dealer was going to get the tub from a dealer in a near by city.  This morning the dealer called and told me that there was a problem.  The dealer he was going to do the deal with sent him a fax that told him that he would sell him the tub at his cost plus an additional $1000.  He stated on his fax that there was a $350 loading fee, $40 storage fee, and several other charges that added up to $1000.  (My dealer warned me about this guy the day before he tried to do the deal and again after he made the deal that this guy has done some crazy things to them in the past and would not guarantee we would ever see the tub.)  My dealer said I had three options. 1. I could buy the tub on the floor that he had, even though it was not the correct color.  2.  Order a new tub at the discounted price and wait until the end of January for delivery or 3.  Go to the other dealer and purchase the tub from him and my local guy would still service it and take care of me.

So after thinking about it I decided to order what I wanted and wait until the end of January.  I certainly was not going to go buy from the dealer that was trying to put the screws to my local dealer.  I also can't believe the out of town dealer would turn down a  deal right at the end of the year and reduce his inventory.  Anyway I have been without a hot tub all my life so another month won't matter since I do not know the difference.  ( I would much rather wait and have what I want than to take second best)
You chose wisely

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:03:31 pm by WHY_NOT »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:53 am »
Hogzilla, It sounds like you have a great dealer if he offered to service the spa from someone else. Some dealers wouldn't have been so eager to offer that option.

I think you made the right decision. Good luck.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Scaramanga

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:40:16 am »
The dealer that wanted to charge $1000 doesn't happen to be from Texarkana does he?

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 02:17:51 pm »
Good choice Hogzilla!

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now" is a quote I have to constantly tell myself, and it applies to your situation.

It will be worth the wait.  And you'll be glad you stayed true to the "good" dealer.

Hogzilla

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 07:20:03 pm »
The dealer that wanted to charge $1000 doesn't happen to be from Texarkana does he?

No the dealer that did this was located in Little Rock

Hogzilla

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 07:25:03 pm »
Good choice Hogzilla!

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now" is a quote I have to constantly tell myself, and it applies to your situation.

It will be worth the wait.  And you'll be glad you stayed true to the "good" dealer.

Wise advice

Scaramanga

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 02:01:46 am »

No the dealer that did this was located in Little Rock

Thank you.  My suspicions were unfounded and I offer my apologies.

Congrats on your perseverence and selection.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 02:01:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42