What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Vanguard Service Question  (Read 6008 times)

brnelson

HotSpring Vanguard Service Question
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:58:34 pm »
I bought my HotSpring Vanguard last March. I have had no trouble other than a minor problem now. The inside controls in the hot tub have been working sporadically. Lately they have been working more than they have not so I am not too upset. I called in this problem the weekend after Thanksgiving. Since I had a day off in the following week I asked if someone could look at my spa on that day. I was told that as long as the hot tub was accessible when I wasn't there, then I would get quicker service if I didn't stipulate a day. I said that was fine with me. I was told that there would be a $65 service fee since I was a pretty good drive from their office (a little over 30 miles). I expected a charge but I complained a bit as $65 seemed a little steep but finally said OK.

A week went by and my tub was not serviced. I called back and was told since my problem wasn't an emergency that it may take them a little while to service it.

It is now December 16 and my tub has not been serviced. My period of no interest and no payments is just about up. I have no choice but to pay but I am a little nervous about the service I will be receiving in the future. I would hope that if I did have an emergency that I would have prompt service.

I would appreciate any feedback/comments, etc. on this situation. I thought it best that I don't identify where I made my purchase until I heard other people's thoughts on this.
Thanks advance, Bruce Nelson

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Vanguard Service Question
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:58:34 pm »

Spiderman

Re: HotSpring Vanguard Service Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:09:11 pm »
Sounds like you need to set an exact date with your dealer to look at your tub.  Hot Spring had some issues with the aux panels, which have since been corrected.  You probably just need them to come out and install a replacement aux panel.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Josh

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:24:09 pm »
Is there any other place in town that services hot tubs?  Perhaps you could call them too to see how much their rates are and when they can come out?  

From what I've read...Hot Springs is one of the top selling brands out there, so most places should know how to fix them.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 03:32:08 pm »
Is there any other place in town that services hot tubs?  Perhaps you could call them too to see how much their rates are and when they can come out?  

From what I've read...Hot Springs is one of the top selling brands out there, so most places should know how to fix them.

His Vanguard is covered for 5 years by the dealership he bought it from.  He will only have to pay any trip fees.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Josh

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 03:40:09 pm »

His Vanguard is covered for 5 years by the dealership he bought it from.  He will only have to pay any trip fees.

Right, but if they won't come out....what good is the warranty?  It can't hurt to find out what other options are available locally.  Whether or not he takes advantage of them, it will at least assist him in being more forceful with the Hot Springs people if they continue to ignore him.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 04:09:11 pm »
Knowing nothing about your dealer, it seems you are waiting longer than you should.  I agree it is not an emergency, but that is no excuse.  Also agree with comment that you should make a firm appointment.  

However, I have a question.  You say you are a little over 30 miles away.  Is there a closer Hot Spring dealer?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Seahawk

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 04:16:08 pm »
It's not really an issue of being ignored but rather convienence and severity of situation.  Yes, it is a problem that the dealer is aware of, and if he is a quality dealer, if your warranty does expire they will still honor it. And in your case you have documented it.  This time of year dealers will tend to give first treatment to more crucial problems, ie heaters, pumps, and leaks.  This doesn't make you an less important customer, but one with a less servere problem.  You still have a second outside control panel that is working.  A pain to reach from inside the tub, I know.  My advice is to hang in there, and keep an open dialogue with the dealer, letting them know you'll be patient, if they can give you a concrete date to get the service done.  Remember they are human too, and are trying to make every customer happy even when you can think they could care less about you situation.  Patience

brnelson

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 04:32:38 pm »
hottubdan:
There is a dealer in RI that is probably about 10 miles closer. I went with a Mass dealer because, at the time from reading this forum, they had a very good service record and were a little cheaper. I will give them another shot and call them tomorrow asking for a firm date. Thanks for all the quick replies.
Bruce

PS after shovelling the driveway for three hours this morning, the hot tub sure felt good afterwards.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:05 pm »
No offense intended, but you have illustrated why it is usually best to buy from your closest dealer.

More than likely if you had bought from the closer dealer you would get faster service with a smaller travel charge.  More than likely the closer dealer would have more tubs closer to you making routing easier.

I think I know both of those dealers.  I am sure you will be taken care of.  If your delear is who I think it is, PM me and I will contact oneof the owners.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 10:18:49 pm »
No offense intended, but you have illustrated why it is usually best to buy from your closest dealer.

More than likely if you had bought from the closer dealer you would get faster service with a smaller travel charge.  More than likely the closer dealer would have more tubs closer to you making routing easier.

I think I know both of those dealers.  I am sure you will be taken care of.  If your delear is who I think it is, PM me and I will contact oneof the owners.

This is also an example where if somone does go to teh further dealer they NEED to get in writing what the trip cost will be. The $$ saved may make those $65 trip charges well worth it but its still smart to get it in writing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:19:03 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:33:46 am »
I'm on my third HS aux panel. My dealer replaced my last panel with the new version that has been re-designed. I'm very happy now.

I've never been charged a trip fee but I only live about four miles from the store. Once you get the new style aux panel replaced, you probably won't have any issues in the future.

I would expect to pay a service fee living so far away from the dealership. With gas being $3+ a gallon they're not making a huge profit for the service call. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

brnelson

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 06:56:56 am »
My main reason for purchasing from the farther dealer was that they have a very good reputation for service on this forum. The price was a little cheaper but my main motivation was better service. $300 on an $8,500 purchase is nothing. I didn't consider that a 10 mile longer drive should be a deal breaker. The dealer where I made my purchase was much more knowledgeable about the HotSpring product. The anniversary sale at my more local dealer consisted of them lowering their hot tub prices but charging for accessories that were previously included. At the time I felt much more comfortable purchasing from the 10 mile farther dealer. If the price where I purchased the tub was a little higher than the closer dealer I still would have purchased there. I'll let you know how turns out. Thanks for all the info.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 10:33:36 am »
All sounds reasonable.

I was trying to make a generic point.

Good luck.

Again, my offer to contact dealer stands.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 11:01:04 am »

Again, my offer to contact dealer stands.

I know I'd take Dan up on that offer if it I were the spa owner.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brnelson

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:58 pm »
I called this morning. No one in Service picked up the phone so I left a message asking them to call me back today. They didn't call. Hottubdan, I sent you a PM.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42