What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Optima owners  (Read 3034 times)

fernem

Question for Optima owners
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »
 ;D Hi, everyone. Thanks for the help yesterday in decision making. I just bought a red tag Optima today, to be delivered on Friday. (It was only $400. more than the Chelsee, has a little ding, a bubble somewhere hopefully not too noticable) and I am awaiting the delivery expert, Fred, to walk around and let me know if a hoist makes sense and maybe isn't too outrageously expensive.

Here's my question: For $750.00 more, and the dealer is not inclined to throw in any more extras to sweeten the deal, I can get the copper sand with mahogany cabinet, which I really think looks great, and with the iPod dock and remote. Otherwise, I stick with the azure and mahogany, also really pretty I think. I brought my iPod to the dealership this morning, climbed in the Optima wet, and wanted to hear what it can do. It apparently is a marine system made by Bose and that's a good recommendation. But the salespeople could not get the iPod to work. Radio and cd worked but not iPod. Not so good.

Finally: do those of you Optima owners with the iPod hookup like them? ... enough to spend $750.?

Thanks in advance.

fern

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Optima owners
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Re: Question for Optima owners
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »
Fern,

I am not an Optima owner... but I am a hot tub owner.... my suggestion to you is that 750.00 in the scope of things is not much money.  You will have this spa for 15-20 years..... why not make sure you get the one you are 100% happy with.... so if that means another 750....then go for it!!! you will not regret it.

good luck  :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:43 pm »
my suggestion to you is that 750.00 in the scope of things is not much money.  You will have this spa for 15-20 years..... why not make sure you get the one you are 100% happy with.... so if that means another 750....then go for it!!! you will not regret it.
+1

Josh

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:29:31 pm »
Agreed.  I can't use the stereos because my hot tub cabinet is sunken into the deck....but if you can, I highly recommend it.  Music is always a nice touch.  I have speakers out on my deck to compensate for my lack of an in tub stereo.

Splurge.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:00:08 pm »
I almost bought the Optima BECAUSE of the stereo!!! I didn't like the tub (therapy-wise) as much as the Caldera I bought, but I loved the copper/mahogony colors, and the ipod system sounded AMAZING in the showroom!

After hearing that, I was disappointed Caldera didn't even have an i-pod jack as an option, so I opted not to get it at all.

The only downside to consider, is the warrantee on the stereo is only a year or two, and will probably cost just as much to repair or replace. I would hate to have the stereo break in 2 years not under warrantee when the rest of the tub still is. Just a thought......(though I would still get the one with the better colors and the stereo).
Ivie

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:14:24 am »
I know it's not as feature-rich, but why don't you look at one of those fm broadcasters.  Aren't they around $50?  I don't have a Sundance, but my dealer wanted $600 to put the factory "made for iPod" system in my car.  Yeah, I can't change the song through iDrive, but I pocketed $550.  Just a thought.

Hoyaken

• Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:18 pm »
I have owned an Optima for six months. I have the stereo and Ipod dock. My children love the Ipod option. Overall, the sound from the stereo is great. I recommend it.

FYI, the Ipod dock has a small blueish light that never goes off. Our tub nightlight!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42