What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is It Just Me Or What?  (Read 5570 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Is It Just Me Or What?
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:07:56 pm »
I find that since I have not used my Hot Tub for about 2 weeks I don't have the inclination to go in now.  I know my body would like the hot water, but I just don't want to go out in the cold to get in the tub.  Do any of you get that way from time to time?  I hope I'm not losing interest in the tub now.  Temps are about 32 at night.  I guess I'm getting to be  whimp.

Hot Tub Forum

Is It Just Me Or What?
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:07:56 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Is It Just Me Or What?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:16:49 pm »
Sometimes I don't always feel like a soak, either.  Your spa, use it as frequently or in-frequently as you like.  
It's a pretty busy time of year for lots of folks, so maybe you're just too busy doing other things.  

To me 32 is a fine temperature to be out in the spa.  I think last night it was about 10 degrees, but thankfully no wind.  

Brewman

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:31:52 pm »
Don't know how long you've had your tub, but I'm still like a kid with a new toy as I've only had mine about six months.  I still look forward to soaking just about every night especially now with the cold weather upon us (I'm in eastern PA).  My tub steps are only about 8 feet from our laundry room door so I have no problem walking out in a robe, opening up the cover, dropping robe, and getting into 100* water.  Getting out is even easier with how relaxed and warm my body feels after a soak.

So to answer your question, I have not yet gone through what you're going through.  But even if, or when, I do, it's still nice to know that the tub will be ready when I am.  Of course, if you lose interest throughout the entire winter, then you may want to consider winterizing it to save some money.

Josh

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:34:16 pm »
Before my old hot tub broke, I found that there were times I didn't go in there for weeks.  Then, I'd get on a "hot tub kick" and start going in every couple of nights.

Not sure how my new one will affect those patterns.  I'm hoping I use it a lot more because it's much more comfortable....but only time will tell.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 02:45:39 pm »
 I have a Prodigy that is only over a year old.  Perhaps it is the Holdays and by evening I'm too tired to go in.  I know, it's a lame excuse, but the only one I could come up with right now.

I live very close to Allentown, Pa. and the weather the last couple of days has been nothing but ice.  But the ice has not been as bad as other states so I can count my blessings for that.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 11:11:10 pm »
I live very close to Allentown, Pa. and the weather the last couple of days has been nothing but ice.  But the ice has not been as bad as other states so I can count my blessings for that.

I live so close to Allentown, PA, that I actually do live there.  ::)

Agree that the ice could have been a lot worse the past couple days.  Just got out of my tub.  Sure felt good soaking tonight after getting rid of all that ice/snow off the sidewalks and driveway.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 12:07:51 am »

DAX:

Good to have a neighbor so close.

How could you stand going in the tub with the wind and all?  That's toooooo cold for me.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 12:18:11 am »
I've had my Envoy for two years now. I use it almost every night. Not sure why I keep going in? I think I have some kind of disease.

I think I might have drank too much Kool-Aid.  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:18:31 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 11:03:46 am »
DAX:
How could you stand going in the tub with the wind and all?  That's toooooo cold for me.

Wasn't that bad really.  You could hear the wind howling and see the trees moving quite a bit while soaking.  But it didn't bother me at all sitting in the hot water.  My wife didn't want any part of it last night though.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 11:07:54 am »
LAst night was the first night we had cold and wind.  (Think Browns/Bills game)   Not quite that bad, it was several hours later, but I was in the lounger so only my head was out of the water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 11:11:10 am »
It was 15 here last night, I suggested the spa and everyone looked at me with fear in thier eyes!

We soaked for about 30 minuets and when we got out my wife said...Man, why  do we let weather bother us... That was wonderful!

Here is a suggestion for you...buy some Crocs to wear out to the spa so your feet are not cold and just wear them right into the spa...That seemed to help my crowd on cold nights.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 11:36:15 am by stuart »

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 11:34:29 am »
Stuart:

Wearing the crocs or flip flops into the tub is a great idea.  I am sometimes afraid of slipping when getting out, and that would solve my problem.  Why didn't I think of that before? It's good we have this forum to come to, so many people like you have some good ideas.  Thanks!!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Wearing the crocs or flip flops into the tub is a great idea.  I am sometimes afraid of slipping when getting out, and that would solve my problem.  Why didn't I think of that before? It's good we have this forum to come to, so many people like you have some good ideas.  Thanks!!

In another thread, someone suggested getting a runner of outdoor carpeting to lay over the steps while getting in and out.  I think that's what I'm going to do one of these days when I get time.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 03:56:20 pm »
Dax and Giz, I am also a neighbor. I live up in E-burg. The wind was blowing last night but I lucked out. My cover acted as a wind shield. My wife bought me a pair of the Crocks and I think they are the best. No slipping on the ice and walking 40 feet to my tub, that is important.

SpaNE

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 09:36:35 am »
I haven't gone in my spa in over a week.  Who wants to go outside nakkid when the path to the spa is skippery ice, the cover is frozen solid, and the wind is howling.  Not my idea of a good time.

The weather changes constantly in New England - and when it does improve - I will be looking forward to a good soak.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 09:36:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42