What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing it down: Arctic, Phoenix, Hot Springs...  (Read 39727 times)

Josh

Re: Narrowing it down: Arctic, Phoenix, Hot Spring
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:18 am »
I just looked at it online and it does have a very familiar layout to the majority of the tubs I've looked at during my search.

Two questions about it though.  It looks like the lounger in that one is flat under your legs (instead of contoured like several others I"ve seen).  Also...no jets on your feet (just under them) Is that correct?

Those were a couple of things I didn't like about the Klondiker compared to other tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:18 am »

Josh

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2007, 11:29:56 pm »
A few more days and a few more wet tests later, I have finally settled on the winner.

It was by far the best lounger of the bunch, and over all the most comfortable of the spas I tested.  It wasn't even on my radar when I started the search, but in the end...as far as comfort went, nothing could beat it.

Just purchased it today, the LA Spas HEET

Now, the wait begins.  As much as I enjoyed the model they had there on the floor, I wanted one in my colors with my options, so it's going to be awhile.  They said it would be a couple of weeks....based on what I've read here, I'm betting on January sometime.  :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:30:12 pm by Josh »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2007, 12:12:49 am »
Josh, would you mind me asking what it went for?
Mike

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2007, 01:04:33 am »
Congrats on the new spa decision Josh. Take some pictures for us once it arrives.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

anne

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2007, 01:22:01 am »
I liked that tub when I wet tested, but the neck rests were just a bit too high for me, and I did not want to always have to use a pillow to sit on. Congrats!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Josh

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2007, 12:20:53 am »
Josh, would you mind me asking what it went for?

Well, like almost every tub I looked at, they were asking about 10,500 retail for it.  I wanted a bunch of extra silly stuff added in, so that pushed the price way up.  Of course, they were willing to trim that price down a lot...so I ended up paying under 9 for the tub, loaded with all the options I put on. I feel like I got a good deal....although I also got a sense they could have done better.  Ultimately, it was the best tub I tested....so I didn't feel like leaving it in the store for a few hundred bucks more.

Congrats on the new spa decision Josh. Take some pictures for us once it arrives.

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll definitely take pictures. It'll be a crane install, so the pictures will be extra exciting.

I liked that tub when I wet tested, but the neck rests were just a bit too high for me, and I did not want to always have to use a pillow to sit on. Congrats!!!!

And this is why we wet test.  I don't think there's any better advice anyone could have given me, but I really thank everyone who suggested it.

I'm tall..so this thing fits me like a glove. No pillows needed.  :)

The lounge was one of the very few that I could lie down completely in and not have to hunch my legs up towards my body.  On top of that, the foot jets in the lounge were as big as the twin foot jets in floors of many other tubs I tried out, which was completely awesome.  I'm sure I'll rarely turn those jets up as high as they can go, but I can't wait to use that seat.

Every other tub I tested, I either had to sacrifice something in the lounge, or something in several of the other seats.  This one was just right all the way around...so I went for it.

I'm confident that if everyone searching makes sure to take the time to wet test, then picks the one that offers the best comfort for them...they'll be able to make the best choice for them.  Looking back only a month ago, I can't imagine what things would have been like if I just picked the one that was the lowest price, or the biggest brand name.  Here's hoping all the homework paid off.

Josh

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2007, 08:43:21 pm »
I talked to the dealer today. My tub is apparently built and MAY (crossing my fingers) be on a truck headed to Washington State from LA tomorrow.  If that happens, I should have it installed before Christmas.

I'm very excited.  :)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2007, 10:23:31 pm »
Very cool X-mas present. Congrats Josh.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

TheSpaExpert

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2007, 01:47:37 am »
Phoenix is one of the most ethical and physcally?? sound spa companies due to their low overhead and willingness to help their customes.
Bigger companies don't care one whit about YOU, just YOU'RE MONEY!!! >:(

Josh

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2007, 03:22:21 am »
Phoenix is one of the most ethical and physcally?? sound spa companies due to their low overhead and willingness to help their customes.
Bigger companies don't care one whit about YOU, just YOU'RE MONEY!!! >:(

Let me guess. You sell Phoenix?
You're not helping your company with posts like this one, dude.  You sound like a 12 year old kid on myspace.

For the record, I've heard almost nothing but trash talk about Phoenix on these forums. I have to admit, if I'd never had an interaction with their local dealership before coming here....I probably never would have visited them.  It's a shame that all this negativity might be working on someone.  I'm glad it didn't work on me....because their tubs felt decent (better than at least a few I tested).

In my experience...the local Phoenix reps at Black Pine Spas in Seattle were some of the nicest and most knowledgeable folks I met during my search. I originally met them when I was calling about repairs on my old tub, which they were happy to service even though they didn't sell it to me. They were so helpful, I went to visit their showroom and that's what ultimately caused me to kick off my search for a new spa.

During that search, I can't even count the number of sleezy salespeople I met. Whether it was in the showroom or on internet forums, these guys were the perfect example of how not to sell a product.  Instead of telling me something about their product, they used what precious little time I was willing to listen to them for to bad mouth the competition. When they were actually talking about their own tubs, they would usually make ridiculous claims about how they were the ultimate in everything.  It was the same story almost everywhere.  The experience began to remind me of a Used Car lot, or perhaps the Best Buy checkout line (where they try to sell you that warranty).

The Phoenix folks didn't do this.  They answered all my questions, gave me a list of other brands to check out....and suggested I come back afterwards.  I really respected that....and as much as I would have loved to give Phoenix my business (thanks mostly to the way their staff displayed more integrity than almost any other dealer locally or online)....the LA Spas just felt better to me.  That was my number one criteria....and they were number one in that department.....so I bought their tub.

Very cool X-mas present. Congrats Josh.....

Thank you. I am looking so forward to it anyway, but having it before Christmas would just be icing on the cake.

Josh

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2007, 01:40:59 am »
Big update!
After less than two weeks, my spa arrived today!  They brought in a crane to lift it over my house, but the crane operator didn't feel right trying to navigate around all the trees.  He would have needed a much longer crane to lift it in a different way, so instead...they dropped it onto a flat bed and drove it down my neighbor's hill into my backyard, where they unloaded it next to the old one.

Turns out my deck is going to need some work to support this new tub....but the owner of the store I bought it from already set that up for tomorrow for me.  He's charging me a decent labor rate (plus materials) to re-enforce my deck in a few places and also add some support to a few loose steps I had.  Talk about a one-stop shop.

I am very impressed with the service so far.....but bummed that my spa is sitting on a trailer in my back yard right now (instead of me sitting in it).

It's all wrapped up in it's box like a Christmas present and I can't open it until tomorrow.  :)

I took some great pictures...they'll be coming soon after the job is done.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2007, 01:40:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42