What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Snow Removal Method??  (Read 9577 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Snow Removal Method??
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 05:39:38 pm »
I use this:

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 05:39:38 pm »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 05:39:56 pm »
I cover the spa with a tarp tied to hooks that I put into the decking on the 4 corners of the spa.  Simply unhook the tarp and pull snow and ice off.

Ditto-Quick and easy.  Although, Boni's broom does look interesting for other uses.  I like the idea of using it to get to the middle of the cover when washing it.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 05:50:31 pm »
Can't get a snowblower onto my cover so I use a kid's snow shovel. It's light weight and it handles enough of the snow to make it comfortable to fling it off the deck without hurting my back. It also is easy on the cover.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 05:54:48 pm »
Speaking of snow on covers.... don't you love the weather men...that guess... poorly at that! We were told lastnight here in So. Maine to expect no more then 1-2 inches...This am I get up and they are like.. maybe 2-4 inches... this afternoon...they were like..okay, maybe 2-6 inches...ending around 1am... it is now almost 6pm.. and there is well over 4 inches... and it is piling up at about 2 inches an hour... Math was not my strongest subject.... however... I think they might have been off a little!!!! :-?

Cyn

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 06:59:15 pm »
Speaking of snow on covers.... don't you love the weather men...that guess... poorly at that! We were told lastnight here in So. Maine to expect no more then 1-2 inches...This am I get up and they are like.. maybe 2-4 inches... this afternoon...they were like..okay, maybe 2-6 inches...ending around 1am... it is now almost 6pm.. and there is well over 4 inches... and it is piling up at about 2 inches an hour... Math was not my strongest subject.... however... I think they might have been off a little!!!! :-?

If you lived in St. Louis you would really wonder why they employ weather people at all!!  They have no idea what is coming, summer or winter, and yet they give us a prediction like it really means something.  If the rest of us were wrong even a quarter as much of the time, we would be fired!  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 07:09:42 pm »
I use  a push broom for snow or if there is a little ice I will use a plastic kids snow shovel

Looks like you will have plenty of snow Saturday night.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 07:40:44 pm »

If you lived in St. Louis you would really wonder why they employ weather people at all!!  They have no idea what is coming, summer or winter, and yet they give us a prediction like it really means something.  If the rest of us were wrong even a quarter as much of the time, we would be fired!  

I know what you mean... I have better luck and information if I just look out the window. ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 08:49:40 pm »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

SpaNE

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:26 pm »
Just use your push broom.  As long as it doesn't have any rocks or other debris, it should work fine- I've done that for several years, and haven't damaged the cover- it's pretty tough vinly anyway.  Just push the snow off one side to the other.  
 Costs nothing, and you don't need to have another tool taking up room.

Or if that makes you nervous, just buy another push broom and save it for this purpose.  They don't cost very much.  

+1

TheSpaExpert

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 01:50:40 am »
A a bucket of epsim salt sprinkled on the snow will make it dissolve.  Some of the ozone will then return to the atmosphere and help the enviroment.
Everyone should do there part.

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 09:32:53 am »
The snow broom? Now I have to admit I only heard of this a few weeks ago. The manufacturer is pestering me to carry them. Even sent me a free sample!.... Personally, I thought the overall quality was a bit low, though it is only a $20 item.......... and my only experience with snow is looking at pictures  ;D

water@104, have you had the SAME one for 3 years? Do you think it works well? Or as well as anything else? Maybe better?

Dr. Spa. i have had the same one for at least 3 years. I love the thing, we use it to clean off the tub cover and also on out trucks too. It got a work out last night pushing about 10 inches of snow.... needed to clean it so i could get in a nice soak befor ethe snow stopped...... As far as the quality of it, it could be better, but for 20 bucks it does the job and it hasn't broken yet..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:34:34 am by stick1970 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 10:02:35 am »
I use this:

8-)

That can't be found in Ohio in November or December, so I got one of these at the surlus store.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 10:15:26 am »
Funny we should have this topic.. I just received an email from my sister.. it is cut and pasted below.. this should be listed as "what not to do for snow removal" The Subject of the email came to my desk as "want a husband" (It was then I knew it couldn't be good..lol) :o

Mine's a Jacka$$!  

Shovels most of the snow off the top of the cover of the hottub last
night and sweeps some of the snow...he's cold so he rips back the cover
and lets it drop....said cover snaps off the back panel and the swrewed
on hinged thing (shock) that is no longer screwed on  impales the cover.
Needless to say I didn't have a relaxing soak at all.

:-? ::)

RayF-1

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 01:09:45 pm »
Go with the Sno-Broom or pusher squeege .. got to be easier on the cover surface than a push broom.

Either way .. be sure pushed/accumulated snow doesn't cover vents of the side covers, if your's has them.  Them pumps need some air circulation!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 10:48:50 pm »
I would recommend the broom and periodic attention.  If you have to use a shovel, then go with plastic.

Of course, everyone could just buy those Spa Cap inflatable spa covers and never have to worry about it.  With their (lack of) insulation, snow never gets a chance to accumulate before it melts!  :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 10:48:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42