What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs' Screws? or Screwed???  (Read 4655 times)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Hot Springs' Screws? or Screwed???
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:30 am »
The tech came out yesterday to FINALLY fix my Hot Spring "popping panel" issue.  They set a screw in each corner on the panel.  Now granted the screws are grey... but come on.... is that really an acceptable fix for a brand new tub???? The tech was nice enough to also fix my back cover buckle that was broken.... and latched it...and forgot to tell me that he fixed it. ( I was at work when they serviced it ) I found out he fixed it by hearing a loud "SNAP" when I put my cover back. ( I didn't think it was latched as it was broken...so no need to go to that side of the spa right?? LOL )

Hmmm not sure if I am happy right now.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs' Screws? or Screwed???
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:30 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Hot Springs' Screws? or Screwed???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:30:25 am »
Truthfully, Asta.....

If I wanted exposed screws on the outside of my tub panels, I would have bought a costco tub.  If it were my new tub, I would have made sure that the dealer knew from the git-go that exposed screws were not acceptable to me, as I stated in your earlier thread.  But, that's just me....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 12:40:54 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:13:57 pm »
vista......i am not there, obviously.  I originally thought it might be a problem with the first set of screws having stripped out.  But your later posting pointed toward a frame that wasn't properly aligned.  If you have a frame problem, a portion that  is warped or not flush, then screwing down the cabinet with longer screws isn't really acceptable.  If the frame is still warped out of alignment and now has the cabinet screw down over that problem, it won't be too long before your problem reappears. Eye ball the panel segment where you thought the frame poked out and see if it is smooth and like new.

vista between you and me, you are too nice.  if i was your dealer, i'd have assessed the problem personally.  Customers in Florida are fairly, or unfairly aggressive, and would be demanding a new tub.  If the repair job didn't restore your cabinet to pristine factory condition, then you have perfect grounds for a new tub.  those are my editorial thoughts......do what you are comfortable with.

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:26:59 pm »
Vista - that would be unacceptable to me (maybe I'm unreasonable....I don't tend to think so).  I would be upset even if it were just the panels that were the problem and that was their solution.  I wouldn't want exposed screws on my brand new tub.  That's my 2 cents.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:39:21 pm »
if the frame is not 100% right i would get a new tub

yeah it may be a pain in the A$$ for the dealer to fool with
but hey thats not your problem, you deserve what you paid for
which is a 100% perfect hot tub, anything less is unacceptable

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:10:22 pm »
Unacceptable. Period.
Bullfrog 562

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:56:39 pm »
That was my thought as well... I am just so used to being a B...tch at work... that I must over compensate outside of work.  :-/  Thank you for the advice.

tinybubbles

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 02:02:09 pm »
Asta, could you post pics of the "fix"?  I feel your pain on dealing with things like this.  It's so hard to know if we are asking for too much or too little from someone.  Best of luck getting things resolved to your satisfaction.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 02:14:17 pm »
You got a thank you call from Jim, the owner of Mainely Tubs.  This is your opportunity to call him and see how he will help.

I find it hard to believe you got a factory approved fix given your situation.  The least they can do is offer you compensation for a spa clearly not up to Watkins standards.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 02:22:07 pm »
You got a thank you call from Jim, the owner of Mainely Tubs.  This is your opportunity to call him and see how he will help.

I find it hard to believe you got a factory approved fix given your situation.  The least they can do is offer you compensation for a spa clearly not up to Watkins standards.
Yes, I  just called Jim and explained all to him... as I have not dealt with him directly on this issue.  Don't get me wrong.. there are screws there but the panels do feel and appear flat/flush.  What bothers me the most is they did not do what we agreed on.  Other than this cosmetic issue... I love my tub...and have been happy with Mainly tubs... I dont' want to have to be "that" person.... I might like it. ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 02:25:39 pm »
( I was at work when they serviced it )  

I would definitely call. Since you were not at home the tech may have simply screwed the original/messed up panel in place until he gets out there with a new panel to install properly. Or he could have done that fix because it was easier than fixing it properly and your call is needed to let them know that's not good enough. Either way, call and ask when the permanent fix will be completed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:26:05 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »

I would definitely call. Since you were not at home the tech may have simply screwed the original/messed up panel in place until he gets out there with a new panel to install properly. Or he could have done that fix because it was easier than fixing it properly and your call is needed to let them know that's not good enough. Either way, call and ask when the permanent fix will be completed.

I dont' think that is the case.. he left a note.... and SCREWED every panel!  ( so he would not have to come back... no more problem?? lol)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 02:33:25 pm »
Asta, could you post pics of the "fix"?  I feel your pain on dealing with things like this.  It's so hard to know if we are asking for too much or too little from someone.  Best of luck getting things resolved to your satisfaction.
If I am home before dark :-/

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 02:57:45 pm »
I just got off the phone with the owner ( he returned my call pretty darn quick I might add )  They are going to order all new panels for me ( that have properly kiln dried wood - which is what is one the back of the panel and the problem on this unit )  They are making out the work order for April 1st so that the weather will be warmer... .I certainly don't have a problem with that fix! sounds fair!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 03:21:28 pm »
New Panels!  As it should be!  
Good job, Asta.  

For some reason, I'm happy about this, too!
Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 03:21:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42