What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Welcome Back Chas  (Read 2826 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Welcome Back Chas
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:03 am »
Welcome back Chas. I was wondering what happened to you. This place isn't the same when you are away.

Tell us about your back surgery. I'm hoping you will have a quick and healthy recovery. Are you allowed to get in the spa yet?

Take Care.......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Welcome Back Chas
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:03 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Welcome Back Chas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:56:42 am »
Well, thank-you for your kind words.

Yes, I can now go in the spa, and I can't wait to do so. I may go in later this morning in fact. During the last few months I couldn't get in mainly because the pain level was so high as I tried to get into the tub and get back out. Doing so, I would trigger muscle spasms. Forget the water-board, they should use muscle spasms in a person's back to get information out of terrorists!

I was so sure that the hot water would do me good that I tried it three times, with bad results all three times. Finally, the neurosurgeon said it was time for the knife.

This all started when I had an accident with the family ski boat on my birthday, Sept the eighth. Nothing big: I just bounced it over some large waves at full throttle. Two other people clearly remember getting airborne, but were not hurt. Just a matter of the exact wrong impact at the exact wrong angle. Blew out the L4-L5 disc very thoroughly. It began with the spasms, but progressed to an amazing pain in my right leg which kept me in bed for all these months.

I have been flat on my back ever since. Well, up until I had a 'micro discectomy' on December the 4th, and it was amazing! I awoke with no real pain, spent just one night in the hospital, and I walked out to my daughter's waiting car the next morning. I have been gaining strength since then, I am off all pain meds, and I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be able to sit at my computer, walk, get out away from the house, drive, and do all the things that we take for granted. Yesterday was my first day back at the store.

Thanks for asking!

Hot Water should be good for the remaining small soreness from the surgery. Very minor, sort of like I bumped it or something - it tends to get just a little sore if I let it get cold, so I'm looking forward to the tub. I was told prior to surgery that the tub would help with the muscle spasms - but I just couldn't get in. Also, if I had been able to get in, the buoyancy should have eased the pressure on the sciatic nerve and helped me feel better. Man was I bummed to have the tub out there and not have been able to enjoy a little relief!

I have used the tub for the normal back pain and strains which come with an active lifestyle for many years, and of course I sell the things to people who report major improvements with soaking - and here I couldn't even get up and go look at the thing, let alone climb in and get relief. It has not been fun, although I did some serious growing throughout the whole situation.

Also, I realized I am surrounded by people who have had similar experiences. But there are also plenty of people who have not been able to get the amazing results I have been blessed to have, and they struggle through life with nagging or even debilitating pain. I admire any of you folks who deal with any type of pain on a daily basis and yet manage to keep on going.

8-)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:00:30 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 07:47:26 am »
Chas

Good to hear your "up and around" again.  It sounds like you have been through heck and back before the surgery.

That 'micro discectomy' is pretty cutting edge. (sorry for the pun)  I think they have been doing more of it on the west coast but not so much back here on the east coast as of yet.  Glad to hear it went so well.  I've heard that they hope this procedure will eventually be used like arthoscopic knee surgery is now.  Having known a number of people who have had traditional back surgery, that would be a good thing!

Now, get back to work!
Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 07:53:38 am »
Gladly!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:47:51 pm »
Welcome to "vertical" my friend! :)

Glad you are mobile once again. May it keep getting better for you.

Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:54 pm »
Welcome Back ... I thought you just got sick of us (or maybe me)!

Glad your doing fine!!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19:39 pm »
Me too, Vinny, I thought Chas was moderating another forum and just didn't love us anymore!!..From now on the rule is...be accountable...If you are not here, we need to know whY :-?..If for no other reason than so we can offer support and sometimes prayers. :-/ ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42