What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Spas  (Read 45594 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Re: Artesian Spas
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 09:32:43 am »
Piper Glen owner here.  We bought ours in Oct 2006 and we paid 10K.  One of the main things that sold us on the Piper Glen was the individual seat controls.  The jets also hit us in all the right spots....we loved the foot dome too.  To us it's worth every penny and at the time it was comparable to other models from different manufacturers.  We actually thought that we were getting more for our money with the Piper Glen.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 09:32:43 am »

tinybubbles

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 10:13:20 am »
The poster that used the term a la carte, was right on.  I was on a budget, but did have a list of things I couldn't live without.  3 months ago we bought an Island series spa from Artesian.  We are very happy with the spa.  I loved how you could pick and choose how many jets you wanted in the spa.  We added the rainforest waterfall and the dynapoint lights.  I actually preferred the island series because of the helix jets.  Good Luck, I'm sure you'll love whatever spa you choose.  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 12:43:21 pm »
 The Artesian is a nice spa, we sold quite a few but when we took on Jacuzzi there sale dropped.

Anyway the Platinum class is a great spa, the Gold class is also.  The Island series were alright sellers but I don't like the 3 year warranty!!!  They may have changed that now not sure.

Don't buy into others you have talked to, that say stay away, they are a fine spa!!

OC_Spas

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 12:54:14 pm »
" The Artesian is a nice spa, we sold quite a few but when we took on Jacuzzi there sale dropped."
 " The Island series were alright sellers but I don't like the 3 year warranty!!!  They may have changed that now not sure."

Interesting! When I brought in Artesian they outsold Jacuzzi 2 to 1!  3 year warranty is standard on the Island series...5 year is an available option.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:57:14 pm by OC_Spas »

tinybubbles

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »
I could definately see Artesian island series and Jacuzzi's 300 series being in serious competition.  In fact, Jacuzzi almost got our business.  Price wise, you can get alot of bang for your buck with either one.  We seriously didn't care for the Jacuzzi dealer, so that sealed the deal for us.  Either way, we could have gotten a quality spa, with extra perks like a waterfall and lights.  

Robby

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 01:31:10 pm »
Key factor to every purchase it the dealer.  Do they have good customer service.  Do they have inventory of parts.  Everthing man made will need repair sooner or later.  How far are you from the dealer if they charge a trip charge.  
One spa might be great for one and not for another.  Insulation, where you live will eliminate certain insulations.  If you live in FL, its not a factor but if you live in Anchorage , its a major factor.  
Make a list of what is important to your needs.  Price, insulation, dealer, etc.  
Good Luck

Hounds tub

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 05:23:02 pm »
You mentioned insulation, we live in Pa. The Artesian has full insulation is that a good or bad thing since the piping is covered up, an as you say everything breaks at some point.

TheSpaExpert

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 05:41:51 pm »
Full foam insulation is the best way to protect the plumbing in your spa.
Spas that don't have much insulation in  them are called thermalpane and are not very efficiient.
Thermal pane spas are easier to work on when they start leaking, which is common.
Some salespeople will tell that full foam will harden over time and cause the plumbing to break.  This is not very true, but is possible.

Either type will be the best for you.  But always wet test.

Hounds tub

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »
Thanks to all who responded, now it's up to the wife. As to which tub she likes best.

Rvtv2015

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 03:20:53 am »
Hi.  I'm considering purchasing an Artesian spa.  How happy are you with yours after having it for several years?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:13 am »
Hi.  I'm considering purchasing an Artesian spa.  How happy are you with yours after having it for several years?

Artesian builds a nice spa.  We sold them for quite awhile and they are a solid brand.   This thread is almost 9 years old so doubtful any of the original poster or buyers are still around here.    But my guess is, they still have their Artesian spa sitting in the back yard and are happy with it. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 12:52:17 pm »
I sell their line and am pleased.  But you expect me to say that as I SELL THEIR LINE.  So to be fair let me tell you why...

I carry another high-end line and have been disappointed in its gradual emphasis in their swim spa line and complete ignoring of their hot tub line.  So I sought out other brands.  Artesian drew me to them for their unique features not offered anywhere else on the market - features that actually matter and are not a sales gimmick - and as their Island Elite line can stack up against any of my high end competitors in my market but just at a lower price, and that is not even their best line.  Thus, if I have to, I can trot out a Platinum Elite model and be on par with them price-wise, while having what I feel is much better features (and again, features that actually matter and are not a silly gimmick).

I look at this from a salesman's POV.  I didn't move off of a brand I carried for over two decades on a whim.  I did a ton of homework and wanted to be a part of something that was different.  I chose to carry Artesian Spas.

This is only intended to inform- I do not have a horse in this race.  I know there are other high-end brands, and they will preform admirably.  And if you chose one of the other high end units I am sure you'll be happy with your decision.  I just am a huge fan of what Artesian Spas does, specifically in their Island Elite line.

I hope this helps.  Good luck on your search and good luck moving forward.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 12:52:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42