What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Diamondback Spas  (Read 7514 times)

Vanguard

Diamondback Spas
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:28 am »
Anyone heard of Diamondback Spas?

I guess another one bites the dust.  Industry insiders are reporting that Diamondback's bank has foreclosed on them. I guess they had a loan or line of credit, or maybe a mortgage.  Anyway, the bank is now in the process of liquidating their assets.  

As we know Hydro Spas has filed Ch. 11.  They were at the International Pool/Spa Expo, so maybe they'll reorganize and come out of it.  

I think we will see more of this as the smaller companies are going to find it difficult to stay in business.  It is sad to see someone go out of business, but this industry needs some consolidation.  Too many people trying to sell spas and the pie is getting smaller.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Diamondback Spas
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:28 am »

Doobiewah

Re: Diamondback Spas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:17:17 am »
There was one in the Phoenix area but they were in Mesa (I think) and I never got over there to look (way across town from where I visit when in 'the valley').  Glad I didn't waste my time.  There website is down, too.

I agree with your consolidation comment.  The industry would be better served with a little culling of the mediocre nameplates.  I personally think many of them give the industry bad press that actually keeps potential customers away.

The Doob

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 03:09:15 pm »
There goes my warranty.  Oh well I guess that's life.  :-[
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:10:18 pm by blizzard »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:11:23 pm »
The electronics should/may still be warranted through their manufacturer.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:24:49 pm »
Thanks, all has been great for two years. Hopefully things will continue the same and I won't need a warranty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:24:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42