What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover fade  (Read 2993 times)

watzup

• sipping suds
Cover fade
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:54:14 pm »
Unit is 2+ years old and I just completed my fall/winter water change.  I typically remove the cover to the backyard and scrub it down and treat it with 303 at the same time.  I notice the inside "fold" still has the original shade of "dark tan" while most everything else is closer to a very light tan.  I believe it is a marine grade vinyl?? and was wondering what others have done to re-dye theirs or just let it go.  I used 303 to protect it from sun/uv...but the fading seems to be all around.  Tub is under screen/house roof on my back porch.  

Hot Tub Forum

Cover fade
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:54:14 pm »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Cover fade
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:22:45 pm »
original cover that came with your tub?  if so, what spa brand?

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:30:25 pm »
original cover that came with your tub?  if so, what spa brand?
original/Vita

clover

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 09:02:49 am »
The underside of the cover is simply being oxidized and bleached out, as it lives over a hot, chemically treated environment.  Excessive chemicals can damage your cover prematurely, but normal chemical use will cause the underside to lighten up or bleach out.  There is no detrimental effect unless you are on the excessive side of chemical use and the underside can and will "blister", "waffel", or otherwise deteriorate.

All covers will eventually be replaced in time and you may consider the cost of a cover to be $100 a year.  The better the cover is made, the longer life you get from it, and the more you pay for it.

You are noticing something that is naturally going to occur to all covers, just be sure you are not on the excessive side of chemical use.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »
Maybe I should have made it a bit more clear.   I am talking about the outside of the cover.  The "inside" is made of different material, like a grey vinyl.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42