What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Water Looks "dull"  (Read 6237 times)

Cyn

Re: My Water Looks "dull"
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:33 am »
Also remember that test strips need to be handled very carefully to keep them working correctly.  No moisture at all and no oils from your hands as you pull the strips out of the container.  Another reason for getting a Taylor kit. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:33 am »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 01:24:40 pm »
Yeah, I think I may break down and get the Taylor kit... is that something that can be used in my pool too???

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 05:49:50 pm »
Yeah, I think I may break down and get the Taylor kit... is that something that can be used in my pool too???

Yes...Yes...Yes...

TubsAndCues

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 06:16:40 pm »
Filtration is a big one that may be getting overlooked here.  Does your tub have a 24 hour circulation pump?  Does it kick on and off to filter and if so have you tried upping the number of times your pump comes on?

Also, a high pH can cause water to become hazy.  Hot tubs do have a tendancy to run high on pH due to the hotter water temps.  

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 10:06:32 pm »
I have a 24 hour circ pump... its a Hot springs Vista.. with brand new filters... so I don't think that is the problem.. my ph seems to be with in a normal range... water is clear now.. I am thinking I just wasn't using enough dichlor?? I guess. :-/

TubsAndCues

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 10:11:26 pm »
I have a 24 hour circ pump... its a Hot springs Vista.. with brand new filters... so I don't think that is the problem.. my ph seems to be with in a normal range... water is clear now.. I am thinking I just wasn't using enough dichlor?? I guess. :-/

I'm guessing your sanitizer level is just dropping on you.

As far as the clarifier and silver ions, don't mix them.  The risk you run is coating the silver ions so they no longer sanitize.

By the way, are you using well water or is it treated city water?  just curious.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:35 pm »
Well Water. Why?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42