What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2008 spas?  (Read 9781 times)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
2008 spas?
« on: November 23, 2007, 09:26:24 am »
Are they out yet? Anybody know when this happens?
Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

2008 spas?
« on: November 23, 2007, 09:26:24 am »

loosenupspas

Re: 2008 spas?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 09:46:30 am »
Coleman is shipping its 2008 line up with enhancements such as, After Hours Lighting, Sony Stereos, Cleanzone 2 UV system, stamped stainless steel jets faces,  new acrylic color- Gypsum and Desert and a variety of plumbing improvements and increased jets counts.  The line up is looking stronger than ever........go and see for yourself.  Good luck.........hottubtommy

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:17:21 pm »
Most manufacturers start releasing information around this time.  Most will start production between now and some time in January.  It depends on a lot of things from each manufacturer.  There is no drop dead date when the new year spas are released, but you'll start seeing stuff trickling out.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:47:03 pm »
There is not hard fast rule about 08 product. Some makers may make bigger changes than others, some may introduce a new model while also dropping perhaps another. Some will make small minor changes. I can tell you as a dealer that each year there are changes that we like and some we don't. After just getting back from the Aqua show which was smaller than normal, there did not appear to be a lot of "Big" changes D-1 did do some cool stuff with cabinets, they make a very fine product but you will pay top dollar for it. Some interesting spas out of china were there. they appeared to be very nice but not enough savings to make them make sense.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 05:09:10 pm »
There is not hard fast rule about 08 product. Some makers may make bigger changes than others, some may introduce a new model while also dropping perhaps another. Some will make small minor changes. I can tell you as a dealer that each year there are changes that we like and some we don't. After just getting back from the Aqua show which was smaller than normal, there did not appear to be a lot of "Big" changes D-1 did do some cool stuff with cabinets, they make a very fine product but you will pay top dollar for it. Some interesting spas out of china were there. they appeared to be very nice but not enough savings to make them make sense.

Wow, Chinese spas? The Chinese sure are good at copying US prodcuts. Are they building their spas without violating patent laws?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 06:44:25 pm »
I checked with my Caldera salesperson, he says the one I have been looking at is a 2008. The waterfall changed from the filter to its own spot on the back of the tub. I do notice that on their older (nicer) brochure, it is a little different (unless that is the newer one and the guy is lying through his teeth?).

Anyone out there with a Niagra for a while care to chime in on where your waterfall comes from?
Ivie

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 01:53:37 am »
     Hi searchinginfl.  Have owned my Caldera Niagra for a little more than a year.  The waterfall comes out of the filter cover.  

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 06:03:19 pm »
I checked with my Caldera salesperson, he says the one I have been looking at is a 2008. The waterfall changed from the filter to its own spot on the back of the tub. I do notice that on their older (nicer) brochure, it is a little different (unless that is the newer one and the guy is lying through his teeth?).

Anyone out there with a Niagra for a while care to chime in on where your waterfall comes from?

That was a change they made during 2007.  They did it on a model-by-model basis.  I saw something in a trade magazine about a new waterfall that is not a sheer flow but rather a rain like flow.  I haven't seen one yet.  No Caldera dealer in my town of 4 million.  I'd be surprised if Caldera has their 2008 models out yet, unless they are not doing any other major changes.  Caldera doesn't usually start shipping new year models until early December.  Then, they only do that as they run out of the previous year's models, so some may not ship until the new year.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 06:17:22 pm »
I don't know... My sister got a deal on a 2007 floor model Caldera Geneva (7,200 with steps and cover lifter ) because the salemen said that they needed to make room for their 2008.  So it is very possible that they are out?? Her waterfall is right by her filter if looking at the filter in the tub it is right to the left of the opening.  Great tub!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 06:21:57 pm »
It is most likely that the dealer was just selling out floor models in anticipation of getting '08 models when they come out.

Heck of a deal on a Geneva I must say! :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 06:31:49 pm »
I know... I had Major tub envy.. until I got my Vista ( now I just have envy on what she paid... there is no way I was going to touch a 2007 Vista for 7,200...)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:00:26 pm »
How do you know what year your spa is? If they say they are selling me a 2008, how do I make sure? The spa is already made, and on its way here.
Ivie

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 09:05:40 pm »
Does your contract say it is a 2008 spa?

The serial number will tell.  I don't have the code at my fingertips.  There might be a Caldera dealer here who can tell you.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 09:12:47 pm »
I just put down $500 to hold that spa that was in the warehouse a few hours away, I haven't signed a contract yet. Thanks for the info!
Ivie

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:28 pm »
Congrats on the purchase of your tub... what did you end up getting??? also... I noticed a sticker on the inside of my electrical panel that showed an inspection dat of late 8/07... between that and my serial number I knew it was a 07...I don't think HS's 08's are out yet.. not till January..I think??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42