What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: covers, chemicals, ozonators  (Read 2883 times)

samie

covers, chemicals, ozonators
« on: November 25, 2007, 03:08:30 pm »
I have several questions.. I have a 1998 Sundance Marin and need to replace the cover and ozonator..

What is the best cover for Northern New England???  Does anyone have a spa cap that sits on the water?

Do I have to replace the ozonator with the same brand I have or can I use a different brand??  Also, are there better ones out there since 1998?

Has anyone had baquaspa cake up their filters fast and maybe the pipes????  Would chlorine be better ???
Someone at Sundance told me that they stopped selling baquaspa because of this problem and chlorine would help to un-cake the pipes??   I have noticed it with my filters over the years.  

All help is appreciated..

Hot Tub Forum

covers, chemicals, ozonators
« on: November 25, 2007, 03:08:30 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: covers, chemicals, ozonators
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:09:53 pm »
Covers - The place to get covers is at rhtubs.com, get the extreme and that should take care of the winters.

Ozone - I'm sure there are better ones out there, you probably have a UV type and now CD ones are around. I would imagine as long as the connector and voltage are the same - you can use anything.

Clogged pipes - Most of us use either chlorine in the form of dichlor or bromine. I would try a product such as swirl away to clean the pipes or maybe even one of those enzyme purges. If it's on your filters - just buy new ones.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:12:16 pm »
I know my dealer is not pushing biguanides anymore because of the water mold problem and now recommends silver cartridges with ozone, non chlorine shock and chlorine.  As far as the ozonator goes, you can use another type but the ozone indicator on the main panel might not work.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:57:21 pm »
Disclaimer:  We make traditional spa covers.

Message:  Stay away from the Spa Cap.  It's fools gold.  I know you won't believe me because it looks good, but do a Google search on it and see the forum posts from dissatisfied customers.  Their energy-efficiency numbers are stretched (to put it very nicely).  Doc has the master file on these guys.  Maybe he'll share with the class.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:02 pm »
I switched from Baqua to bromine to dichlor.  For me it's dichlor all the way.  Bromine would also be fine.  I hated baqua.  
Seems like the stuff works for some and makes others miserable.  For what you have to pay for a year on their chemicals, I can
buy several years worth of dichlor.

Brewman

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 07:33:00 am »
Disclaimer:  We make traditional spa covers.

Message:  Stay away from the Spa Cap.  It's fools gold.  I know you won't believe me because it looks good, but do a Google search on it and see the forum posts from dissatisfied customers.  Their energy-efficiency numbers are stretched (to put it very nicely).  Doc has the master file on these guys.  Maybe he'll share with the class.

Indeed, stay away!  My friend has one of these so I have seen it work (or NOT!) firsthand.  
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 07:33:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42