What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling Marquis Hot Tub  (Read 12918 times)

Bluewater

Re: Selling Marquis Hot Tub
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 02:52:28 pm »

I always wonder why people go overboard on things.  You "should" have realized over the 6 months that you were asking too much.  In reality, that may have only have been a few hundred too much.  Most used tubs go for about 50% of what they cost new NO MATTER the age of the tub (as long as it's less than 8 years old).

Hot tubs are personal use items (unlike cars) and many have problems buying such a product used and this is simply one of the reasons that few people buy these used.  Also, craiglist isn't as good as a local paper for value.  Online systems like eBay and Craigslist are fine for WHOLESALING stuff (like cars) but they are TERRIBLE for private party transactions (like selling a hot tub or getting "market private party rates" for used cars)

I can only hope that you got a LOT more than $500 for your $2K value tub...  :-?

I sold it for $500. Whats the big deal. It is my hot tub isn't it? I did a man a favor by allowing him to buy something that he prbly couldn't afford. He is happy and I am happy. I am so sorry if you are not happy. I will ask you next time ok?

PS - My family has bought/sold tons of things on eBay and Craigslist with great success. So you can't generalize because you can't speak for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 02:52:28 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 08:51:54 pm »

I always wonder why people go overboard on things.  You "should" have realized over the 6 months that you were asking too much.  In reality, that may have only have been a few hundred too much.  Most used tubs go for about 50% of what they cost new NO MATTER the age of the tub (as long as it's less than 8 years old).

Hot tubs are personal use items (unlike cars) and many have problems buying such a product used and this is simply one of the reasons that few people buy these used.  Also, craiglist isn't as good as a local paper for value.  Online systems like eBay and Craigslist are fine for WHOLESALING stuff (like cars) but they are TERRIBLE for private party transactions (like selling a hot tub or getting "market private party rates" for used cars)

I can only hope that you got a LOT more than $500 for your $2K value tub...  :-?

I have to disagree with you ndabunka with Craigslist. I know a few people who got great deals on used tubs from Craigslist. I also just bought a used Weber BBQ for $35--it sold for $400 new. I agree that ebay isn't the greatest source for similar items.  :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 12:49:13 am »

I have to disagree with you ndabunka with Craigslist. I know a few people who got great deals on used tubs from Craigslist. I also just bought a used Weber BBQ for $35--it sold for $400 new. I agree that ebay isn't the greatest source for similar items.  :)

Gombo - Your actually agreeing with me   :)  All I said was that it was not a great place to SELL a tub.  As you said, it is a great place to BUY a tub (at a great discount).  In order to make as much as possible in his resale, I said he needed to try other sources first (or simply agree to take the lower wholesale for his craigslisted tub)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 12:51:51 am »

I sold it for $500. Whats the big deal. It is my hot tub isn't it? I did a man a favor by allowing him to buy something that he prbly couldn't afford. He is happy and I am happy. I am so sorry if you are not happy. I will ask you next time ok?

PS - My family has bought/sold tons of things on eBay and Craigslist with great success. So you can't generalize because you can't speak for me.

Hey, you were the one on here complaining that you couldn't get the higher price and then you appear to have taken a "knee jerk" reaction and simply dumped it (Good for your neighbor though).  I really have no problem with you doing anything you want.  In fact, I'm shopping for a 2005 S55 with under 40K miles.  Market price is around $50K but I'd like to pay less and figure you might be able to help me out.  Got one around?  I've got $500.00 right here in my pocket and I am more than willing to come pick it up...    :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:54:19 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 12:51:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42