What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling Marquis Hot Tub  (Read 12920 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Selling Marquis Hot Tub
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 01:28:13 pm »
And if you really want to burn it than why not donate it to charity, take a tax write off or drop your price to grand to move it quickly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 01:28:13 pm »

Bluewater

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 02:23:52 pm »
And if you really want to burn it than why not donate it to charity, take a tax write off or drop your price to grand to move it quickly.

Issue solved!!!

I just sold it for $500 to a guy down the road, and he is going to pick it up as well!

Oh HAPPY DAY!

Shoot, I just added up the chemicals I had (20 Spa Frog bromine cartridges and 13 mineral cartridges alone) and it added up to over $700. Plus I found 3 unused filters and a light that changes colors that I never installed.

Lesson learned. I lost a few dollars, but so what, money always comes and goes.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 02:31:44 pm »

Issue solved!!!

I just sold it for $500 to a guy down the road, and he is going to pick it up as well!

Oh HAPPY DAY!

Shoot, I just added up the chemicals I had (20 Spa Frog bromine cartridges and 13 mineral cartridges alone) and it added up to over $700. Plus I found 3 unused filters and a light that changes colors that I never installed.

yeah but you saved a few matchsticks so maybe in the long run you came out ahead... ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 02:38:59 pm »
Forgive this stupid question but why did you have such a stash of cartridges? Wow!!!I never keep more than about 4 or 5 Bromine cartridges and a mineral cartridge on hand...you must have got a great deal on all those chems...

You should feel good though, you just gave someone a real nice Christmas present... ;) One man's trash is another's treasure! :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bluewater

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 03:02:28 pm »
I just go overboard when I buy things like this. I had extra money so I think I bought 4 or 5 cases of each Spa Frog product. I went out yesterday to buy an HD television and came home with 4 of them.

The guy and his son are loading it now. I am going to go out and give him his check back. Just to see the look in his eyes.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 03:10:38 pm »
Hey that is great to be in a position to do that. I am sure you appreciate how fortunate you are.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 03:21:04 pm »
Make him really happy, throw in one of those HDTV's ;) ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bluewater

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 03:23:58 pm »
Hey that is great to be in a position to do that. I am sure you appreciate how fortunate you are.

Yes I do. do not take anything for granted. I did at one time and about lost my family. I am far from being a rich person. But I do have enough material things that I can share. The man refused to accept his check back. So I am keeping it. I am not giving it to charity either  :)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 03:33:23 pm »
Whatever works for you. I hope he gets many happy and soothing soaks from it. Happy Holidays to you Mr. Bluewater

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 12:45:17 am »
Bluewater.....did you say this is a 2006 model?

Jezzzz if that is a 2006 the side panels really deterioted rather quickly.

That thing looks much older.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 11:11:02 am »
That looks like an unfinished wood cabinet.  If so, it looks in great condition and some stain (Super Deck) will make it look like new....but it should have been finished right away.  The good news is the new owners can finish with whatever color they like.

Bluewater

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 12:49:36 pm »
Bluewater.....did you say this is a 2006 model?

Jezzzz if that is a 2006 the side panels really deterioted rather quickly.

That thing looks much older.

I had just washed it for the pictures and it was not fully dried at the top where the cover meets the tub
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:50:22 pm by Bluewater »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 01:36:03 pm »
Wow, are you serious? Somebody got your Marquis for $500? What a steal. Tell them about our forum if you talk to them again.

Just one question. Are you Mr. Bluewater or Mrs. Bluewater. You deleted the post about your stage name.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Bluewater

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 02:08:56 pm »
Wow, are you serious? Somebody got your Marquis for $500? What a steal. Tell them about our forum if you talk to them again.

Just one question. Are you Mr. Bluewater or Mrs. Bluewater. You deleted the post about your stage name.

It depends on if I post of my hubby does  ;D

He is a stinker to say the least.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 02:33:08 pm »
Issue solved!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY!

I always wonder why people go overboard on things.  You "should" have realized over the 6 months that you were asking too much.  In reality, that may have only have been a few hundred too much.  Most used tubs go for about 50% of what they cost new NO MATTER the age of the tub (as long as it's less than 8 years old).

Hot tubs are personal use items (unlike cars) and many have problems buying such a product used and this is simply one of the reasons that few people buy these used.  Also, craiglist isn't as good as a local paper for value.  Online systems like eBay and Craigslist are fine for WHOLESALING stuff (like cars) but they are TERRIBLE for private party transactions (like selling a hot tub or getting "market private party rates" for used cars)

I can only hope that you got a LOT more than $500 for your $2K value tub...  :-?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:33:55 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 02:33:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42