What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima  (Read 2275 times)

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:32:55 am »
Wet tested both (as well as a ton others) and given that they are pretty equal....
(I know, most of this is cosmetic, but I can see the spa from every room in my house! I want it to look as good as it feels)
Sundance Optima
pros:
-Love mahogony option
-prettiest cabinet of all
-great stereo
-great dealer support
-great deal I got
-disposable filters, less upkeep
cons:
-a little difficulty w/diverter system, want seats an STRONG foot jets together, can I do this?
-expensive
-no seat w/arm rests or wrist jets

Caldera Niagra
pros:
-like neck pillow
-love the foot ridge (I float)
-love the lighting, how the outside lights and inside lights change colors together
-like that one seat has arms, offers a little more variety
-no foot hump to trip over
cons:
-doesn't have a great color selection (I LOVE the dark brown shell, hard to find)
-Cant reach Euphoria foot jet from every seat (though the ones that you can't have fantastic calf jets)
-at rec warehouse (but  I really like the salesguy)
-no stereo w/aux input (I want to watch home theater through my living room window)

This is for therapy and family fun. 2 kids, ages 2 & 10.

Wet tested d-1, Vita, Hot Springs, Tiger River, and Dynasty, and those are all eliminated for one reason or another.

Any input?

Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:32:55 am »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Re: Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 06:25:24 am »
My sister  has the Caldera Geneva which is very similar to the Niagra and I have a Hot Springs Vista.  For different reasons I like both brands.  If I didn't have a Hot Springs... my only other choice would be a Caldera.  IMO I think these two sister companies offer some of the best hot tubs out there! The Caldera is very comfortable, and also has the air jets that I think are great.  Does the Optima have that option?  In the end is comes down to personal choice.

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 02:44:29 am »
  Hello again searchinginfl.  I can't speak for the Optima.  There was no dealer in our town and the nearest dealer was 70 miles away and never returned my calls. Needless to say I gave up on it but it looks like a nice tub.

I own the Niagra and love every minute I am in it. I agree with all of your pros.  I am a HUGE fan of the foot ridge and although I never tested the Optima, I did test a D-1 and Tiger River with the foot dome and had a uneasy feeling about it.  It gives everyone the same shot at foot massage at the same time, but most tubs have different seat massages  and promote seat switching. I thought the dome made that more difficult, especially with extra people in the tub. I am glad we didn't buy a tub with a dome. This is my opinion anyway. Yours may vary.

I also like to strech out and use the volcano jet with pump 2 on high and totally massage my legs which requires the use of the lower middle of the tub right where the dome would be.

Only you can decide which is best for you. Both look like quality tubs.  Looks like you have done your homework with wet tests and have your lists.  Good luck with your decision!  

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:45:53 am »
Now that I finally got my husband to try them out with me, he liked the Caldera, and hated the Sundance (though we both agree how pretty the Sundance is). Now that he is participating though, I'm going to take him to see a Vita before making the final purchase.
Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:45:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42