What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Winter water change a little to late!!!!  (Read 3394 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Winter water change a little to late!!!!
« on: November 23, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
Well in the beginning of October, I was in desparate need of a water change so I did a drain and refill.  We have been blessed with above warmer than normal temps as of late..........................then boom snow the last 2 days and ice.  My outside water line froze and I have tried for 2 hours to unfreeze it. NO LUCK!!!!

If I leave the water it will be bad by March when the warmer weather hits, so today is the day.  I have hooked up my hose to the laundry sink and ran the garden hose through my house, pray for no leaks.  The tub is draining now, but it is so cold I worry a bit about freezing.  I have kept the lid closed the whole time, and I am almost finished draining right now.  I will go out quick wipe and then back up and running hopefully before 3pm.  

Wish me luck.  It is like an ice rink in the backyard, I have fallen 3 times and my hands feel like they are going to fall off.  

I LOVE MY TUB THIS MUCH, its like the jeep expression, its a jeep thing you wouldnt understand.  That what I told my nieghbour when I was outside in shorts and no shoes cleaning the tub in minus temps.  Its a tub thing you wouldnt understand.

Hot Tub Forum

Winter water change a little to late!!!!
« on: November 23, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Winter water change a little to late!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 02:19:01 pm »
Oh and to add, I have been cleaning up the dog shat outside today.  I dont know if many remember but we posted funny stories about our tubs last winter, and I mentioned how I decided to roll in the snow, only to get smeared in a fresh drop of pug poop.

So backyard is ready for naked snow angels.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:40:23 pm »
 ;D @ rolling in the pug poo...!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:43:20 pm »
make that 4 falls.  that one hurt alot.  almost drained.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
If you hurry up you will beable to heat your water...and soak tonight... maybe??

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »
Forget about wiping the tub down ... just get water in it and start the heating process!

I once had to do it in colder temps (around freezing)  and I remember it not being a great thing. As far as rolling around in dog poop - once it's frozen - it probably isn't a big deal! ;) ;D

My boys go out in the back every so often to play ... I always wonder when will they track in dog poop.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 05:49:52 pm »
back up and running, should be good for soak late tonight.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 05:59:52 pm »
Bosco, I am confused..you just refilled in October and you need to again already? Or are you preparing for a long winter? I know I should have done a clean and refill but we went from 70 to 36 since yesterday..I will wait for another warm up ..in December. ;D..my water is 4 months old and so far so good..

Enjoy the moon tonight, it's beautiful
Support your dealer so they can support you!

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 06:16:15 pm »
I will wait for another warm up ..in December.

Same with me,  we always get a stretch of warm weather in December.  I'll change the water then and will be safe until March
Bullfrog 451

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 07:20:56 am »
no water was fine, just preparing for the winter.  I was worried that the temps are going to just get colder so I did it while I could.  October to March was going to be a stretch so now I should be good.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 07:20:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42