What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rookie Picking Hot Tub - Help!  (Read 3679 times)

FriarPuck

Rookie Picking Hot Tub - Help!
« on: November 22, 2007, 11:40:58 am »
I am in the market for a hot tub for new beach house on Carolina coast.  Home will be a weekly vacation rental. My space for HT is limited on deck so I don't want bigger than 7' wide. Vacationers tend to play with gadgets so I am inclined to select basic tub without bells and whistles. Leaning towad quality tub that will hold up in ocean environment. Currently looking at Artesian Magic Aladdin, D1 Cove HP, Marquis Envy as well as Aresian Antigua, Tiger River Sumatra and HS Prodigy. Some concerns that first three may be too small and circular may not appeal to weekly tenants as enticement to rent after first yr. I am considering purchase from dealer factory outlet hundreds of miles from beach house location. I am also looking at local dealers. During summer, HT will be serviced twice a week by local pool/HT vendor so I thought local relationship with dealer/manufacturer may not be as important as would otherwise be the case. Any suggestions/tips before I buy? Thanks for your input.

Hot Tub Forum

Rookie Picking Hot Tub - Help!
« on: November 22, 2007, 11:40:58 am »

clover

Re: Rookie Picking Hot Tub - Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:40:26 pm »
Simple and Sweet, go with the Antigua w/lounge or the Captiva wo/lounge.  you can selet to add what you want or delete what you don't want.  82" sq. pushes your size, but should work well.  HS is a good choice too, but more $.  What does your local dealer sell?  Local is recommended number 1, your choice with distance number 2.  Good Luck.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

FriarPuck

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:46:56 pm »
Thanks for comments Clover.  The Artesian Antigua and D1 Cove HP would have to be transported hundreds of miles (Note: I am told you can strap down a HT on pickup resting on sides of truck wall -- done all the time according to local dealer ---- whoaaa!).  The price seems good to me ($4,995 for Antigua and $4,000 for Cove). The rest of HT's on short list are availabe through local dealers close to beach house.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:57:25 pm »
You should look at the Marquis Retreat, Spirit (319S), Mirage (520M),  and Promise (418) as well.  They are all smaller spas that should fit your space.

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:05:41 am »
Hot Spot Mallorca would also be a nice choice.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

loosenupspas

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 10:49:47 am »
The California Cooperage, found at your local Coleman Dealer is a great tub in that setting.  there is a Coleman dealer on the Outer Banks, as i recall.  The model 106, 7' x 6'.7", fits into most small areas.

solo

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 11:49:01 am »
Look at tbhe Jacuzzi Brand.  Quality brand, simplicity of use.  This defines jacuzzi.  The diverter vales are very simple.  Each seat has an air button that is either on or off.  It just doesn't get much easier to use than this.  Sometimes less is more...I love mine.

FriarPuck

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 04:52:55 pm »
Thanks all for your input.  I have followed up on your suggestions by contacting Marquis, Coleman, Hot Spot and Jacuzzi ... and the Artesian Antigua remains on my short list. Still waiting for info from some of my contacts. I will be buying within the next 7 days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 04:52:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42