What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Jacuzzi Experts!  (Read 3387 times)

mmkur

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Help Jacuzzi Experts!
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:02:41 pm »
I have a Jucuzzi J-340 and noticed that one of the pumps is leaking.  The leak is occurring at a small port, right next to where the main union comes into the pump.  The piece that is leaking can be rotated in and out.  I am trying to get an idea what this piece is and how I can stop the leak.  I have taken a pictures so that someone might be able to help me out...

This is the pump from farther back...

This is a close up of the pump itself...

And this is a close up of the piece that is leaking....

I hope there might be an easy, quick fix (as today it is in the 70's here in VA) or will I have to be replacing alot :(

Thanks for anyone and everyone who replies.

Hot Tub Forum

Help Jacuzzi Experts!
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:02:41 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Help Jacuzzi Experts!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:06:45 pm »
That's the drain plug.  Check the o-ring to make sure it is has lubricant and is not torn or nicked.  Just make sure both the plug and o-ring are in good shape.

Those are very inexpensive parts, so you should be able to pick one up easily at your dealer.  Many are the same size, so if you take your pump info to a pool store, they might even have it.

You may have to take it out to check it.  Just have something to stick in the opening so you don't make a wet mess.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mmkur

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:19:41 pm »
Thank you.

Upon closer inspection it does appear that the o-rings are starting to dry rot.  I will pick some up and replace the lot of them.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

mmkur

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 04:56:46 pm »
Like stated, replace O-ring.  And could also use a couple wraps of Teflon tape, if you wanted.

clover

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »
Ozone "eats" rubber, it will cause your o-rings to crack and deteriorate.  Your ozonator is very close by and could be the origin of the problem ("dry-rot").  Try to get an ozone resistant o-ring for the bleed valve, otherwise, as suggested, use teflon tape on the threads of the drain plug and put it back in.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:07:20 pm »
 looking more at that picture, is your ozonator even hooked up?   If its not and your ozone is running, you are just filling your cabinet with ozone gas?

mmkur

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 09:42:57 am »
Thanks Jim - I sent you an e-mail.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 09:42:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42