What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damn Weirdness  (Read 5782 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Damn Weirdness
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:46:11 pm »
It seems like this time of the year all of the weirdness starts.  Here are a few examples from the last week:

1.  A same-gendered couple came in two weeks ago and looked at spas.  They came back this last Friday and bought a HotSpring Envoy.  They told me they had looked at Bullfrog and when I asked them why they went with us, they told me their reasons.  And then, the pitcher told me that the Bullfrog saleslady told them that "Bullfrog Spas are the only spas you can change the filters without opening the cabinet."

I said "What the hell?"  We all gaily agreed that if you're going to exagerrate a feature, you should try to pick one a little less easily disproved.

Anyways, they are getting their spa delivered in about 30 minutes.

2.  A shrivelled old miserly woman came in a couple of weeks ago.  I accidentally squirted her in her cooch with water from a spa that was a few gallons low.  I profusely apologized and sincerely felt awful.  Anyways, she keeps calling me wanting to know when the spas are going on sale.  I told her we're starting our clearance sale on Saturday.  She says her husband says "we can get one cheaper after New Year's" and I told her "no, you can't.  This is the cheapest they'll ever be and I'll guarantee it."

So, she comes back in on Thursday and acts like she's never been here.  I again apologized for squirting her in the fupa and she still pretended she'd never been here before.  "I'll tell you this, you're competing against Bullfrog."

"OK, they are a good choice, but let me ask you this....what do you like about their spas?"

She starts squealing "I know you're going to start talking them down and I don't want to hear it!!"

Me: "No ma'am, I'm just trying to find out what you like or dislike so that I won't waste your time showing you something you don't like."

"Well, the lady down there told me she doesn't float in their loungers."

Me: "Did you try out the spa?  You are welcome to wet test any of our spas to see if you float or not.  But please, don't take mine or anyone else's word...try it for yourself."

"There you go talking bad about them, I don't want to hear it!"

Me: "Here's a brochure.  Thanks for stopping by."  :P

3.  A little bitty fella with one arm just left.  He wants a small spa and I showed him a Solana TX.  It runs off of a 110V outlet.

LBF: "JHC!  That'll run my electric bill through the roof!"

Me: "No it won't.  It'll cost you less than $10/month."

LBF: "Everybody's telling me that 110V components will cost more than 220V."

Me: "Who on earth is telling you that?"

LBF: "Thermospas.  I talked to them on the phone and they told me that 220V components are cheaper to replace than 110V."

I took the time to explain all about Thermospas and their deceptive ways.  Turns out, he's looking to spend around a thousand dollars for a spa, so I wished him well.

Folks are just getting weirder by the day.

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Damn Weirdness
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:46:11 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Damn Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:49:57 pm »
Fupa?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:14 pm »
Well, hell.  Everyone KNOWS that 220 costs almost twice as much as 110.  I've heard a lot of strange stuff too lately, but that was Saturday evening and we had to transport two people to detox.  Talk about strange commentary.  Once they blow past .20 things start coming our really odd.

Brewman

Cyn

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:39 pm »
Bless anyone who can deal with the general public on a daily basis and not end up deeply depressed!!  

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:52:42 pm »

Folks are just getting weirder by the day.

Especially in Texas.............. ;D            
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 04:53:05 pm »
Fupa?

Fatty Upper Paunch Area

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:13:16 pm »
It seems like this time of the year all of the weirdness starts.  Here are a few examples from the last week:

And then, [glow]the pitcher told me [/glow]that the Bullfrog saleslady told them that "Bullfrog Spas are the only spas you can change the filters without opening the cabinet."

Wow, a baselball player? Does he pitch for the Houston Astros or the Texas Rangers?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:13:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:22:49 pm »
He seemed like more of a Yankee than anything....

on the other hand, I was a power pitcher with no control:

Term (Bringin' da heat)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 06:14:25 pm »
why is it in certain industries joe public seems to be so upset if the seller makes a dime where in most industries they don't seem to care as much.

hot tubs, boats, cars......buyers all seem to think those industries are "shady" and those damn salesmen are ripping me off....

it appears they think it's a crime for a spa dealer to make a profit

why is that?

but in other industries like furniture, televisions, stereos, people pretty much just pay the asking price.

customer walks in a spa store and asks "how much?" and when told the price they grin and say "no...really how much can you sell it to me for?"

customer walks in furniture store sees a recliner usually just pays the price

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:24:18 pm »
Maybe there's the difference. The price tag in on the recliner, you have to ask the price of the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 06:33:04 pm »

Especially in Texas.............. ;D            

It's gonna get weirder before the holiday's are over.

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 11:36:33 pm »
Cyn, try teaching high school in alabama :o
"Growing older but not up..."

Cyn

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 08:10:30 am »
Cyn, try teaching high school in alabama :o

You have my deepest sympathy!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 12:59:39 pm »
Bless anyone who can deal with the general public on a daily basis and not end up deeply depressed!!  

Those of us who deal with the public and get deeply depressed need your blessing too!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Cyn

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 01:23:23 pm »

Those of us who deal with the public and get deeply depressed need your blessing too!

Absolutely!!  Bless you all who go forth and deal with the public...you are a very courageous lot!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 01:23:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42