What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Q's for the techs  (Read 2361 times)

Spiderman

More Q's for the techs
« on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:48 pm »
Here's the problem:  1992 Marquis Voyage getting power to the pumps, not sure yet if I'm getting 220v at the pumps (I will check tomorrow).  Both pumps get warm, but don't make any noise; they do nothing.  There are 4 relays in the control panel:  1 for low speed pump 1, one for high speed pump 1, one for pump 2 and another for something else.  When I turn on the power, the relay for low speed pump 1 buzzes, when I active the botton for pump 2, that relay buzzes.  

My question is, why are the relays buzzing?  Is it because the pumps are shot or what?   Kudos to all you techs, this sucks!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

More Q's for the techs
« on: November 20, 2007, 05:07:48 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: More Q's for the techs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:00:34 pm »
By the sounds of it you got the pumps wired wrong or the motors are fried or seized can you spin the impeller shaft from the back?

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:12 pm »
Nothing has been touched with the wiring.  Here's what happened:  March '07 the owner went outside and the tub was not running and it had not been used in about a month.  The owner then noticed most of the water was gone.   Upon further inspection, owner finds heater housing "blown open" on one end.  Tub sat like that until the end of September.   The owner thinks the tub froze for whatever reason, which caused the heater housing to break open.

I've replaced the heater housing, heating element and thermodisc, which was shot.  The tub has been filled, but now the pumps don't work.  I can spin the 2 speed pump, but wasn't able to access the 1 speed to see if it spins.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42