What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! ? Hot Springs Control Panel Temp???  (Read 12036 times)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Help! ? Hot Springs Control Panel Temp???
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:02:53 pm »
I finally have my new Vista filled... and the water is heating... and now i have noticed.. I can not check the temp??  Am I missing something? Or is there no way to check current temp on the panel? With my Bengal I was able to check the current temp.  All I have noticed on this model is a light for "ready".

Hot Tub Forum

Help! ? Hot Springs Control Panel Temp???
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:02:53 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Help! ? Hot Springs Control Panel Temp???
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:52:01 pm »
The Hot Spring panel shows the "Set" temp, not the actual temp.  You will see a green light come on when the spa is at the "set" temp.  I believe you can change a couple of jumpers in the control box to display actual temp.  Most folks just set their desired temperature and leave it, knowing their spa will be at the correct temp.

Enjoy your new spa.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:18:51 am »
The Hot Spring panel shows the "Set" temp, not the actual temp.  You will see a green light come on when the spa is at the "set" temp.  I believe you can change a couple of jumpers in the control box to display actual temp.  Most folks just set their desired temperature and leave it, knowing their spa will be at the correct temp.

Enjoy your new spa.

I did not know this. I wonder why they do it like this. Seems kinda foolish. I just assumed all manaufacturers displayed both. That would be like a meteorologist only telling you the high temp for the day and not the actual but they will however send a green beam in the air when high temp is reached. ;D

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:30:03 am »
Since HS tubs do not display the current temp, I've always kept a floating thermometer in the filter compartment.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:23:35 am »
Ha Ha @ green beam ! I agree.... I don't like the guessing game... I started heating my water last night around 5pm.  The green light didn't come on till 6am today.  However I was in the water before (5:30am) and the water felt hotter than 102... which is what I had it set at... I ended up putting the temp down to 100... My tiger river didn't feel that hot at 102... and I am thinking the Vista was only around 99* when I got in..? So I guess I will have to buy a temp for the inside.. you would think for the money you pay for a HS.... they would give you a digital read out of current temp.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 10:03:34 am »
If anyone knows how to set the jumpers on a 2002 grandee I would appreciate the info.

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:26:45 pm »
jfish,

Check your PM.  I sent you the directions on how to do this.  I don't want to post this.  

My suggestion is to have a service tech do this for you.  

This is now available on Hot Spring models manufactured after 2001.  For some reason, they don't just automatically do it, but it can be done.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 07:27:33 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:22:41 pm »
you would think for the money you pay for a HS.... they would give you a digital read out of current temp.

I don't think it's that important.  Just "set it and forget it".   When you are enjoying your Hot Spring spa, are you thinking about the temp not being displayed, or are you thinking HOW GOOD THOSE HOT SPRING JETS FEEL?  ;D     You can move a jumper in the control panel which will allow you to see the actual temp if you feel you need to know the actual temp, as previously posted.   But like Vanguard said, contact your dealer for assistance.    
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 08:51:34 am »
Don't get me wrong... I am lovin' the spa... however... I am finding the water hot... it was set at 102* ( which I had my tiger river set at with comfort ) I never let it reach 102* I had to turn it down to 100*- and last night I was still finding it too hot... we turned it down to 99*  Usually 101-102 is very comfortable for me... so the green light..and no actual temp has me a little perplexed and wondering if something is wrong with the control panel settings? when it was set at 100* it felt like 102-103.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:00:08 am »
I think when it is set to 100 it can heat to 102 then shut off and the heat will come on at 98.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:19 pm »
Well, that would be a large unexceptable window of temperture change if you ask me!  :'(

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 03:09:31 pm »
I think when it is set to 100 it can heat to 102 then shut off and the heat will come on at 98.

Well, that would be a large unexceptable window of temperture change if you ask me!  :'(
Yeah, that's why I said it's foolish not to have an actual temp display. Your/All spas heat 1 or 2 degrees higher than the set temp so the heater isn't constantly running. Kinda like your thermostat for your HVAC.  I guess you're gonna have to get a floating thermostat. Maybe your HS dealer will give you one for free.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:14:53 pm by WHY_NOT »

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
Like Chad said it sort has to be this way. Even the heat in your house works in a similar manner. My old D1 was the same way.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42